Burroughs, Manning, and RTCs

Started by thedecider, May 22, 2017, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

I saw on Twitter that the Badger RTC was after one of the Paulson brothers to run the RTC. I like that they are looking to make moves.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on May 25, 2017, 08:57:14 AM
I saw on Twitter that the Badger RTC was after one of the Paulson brothers to run the RTC. I like that they are looking to make moves.
Interesting were did you see that?

leg turk

Quote from: shakerag on May 26, 2017, 12:56:58 PM
Where does Mitch fit into all of this?

Is Mitch even there anymore?

T.Vieau

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 26, 2017, 10:56:42 AM

Both Paulsons are at Virginia I believe. One was already there and the other just signed on as the head of the RTC in Virginia if my memory is serving me correctly.

aarons23

Quote from: T.Vieau on May 26, 2017, 03:10:08 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on May 26, 2017, 10:56:42 AM

Both Paulsons are at Virginia I believe. One was already there and the other just signed on as the head of the RTC in Virginia if my memory is serving me correctly.

Pretty sure you are correct
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

I've said it before, Mitch is a waste of money. Between him and Barry, UW wrestling and its supporters are wasting a lot of $$$

Ghetto

I think it was Intermat that said he turned down the Wisconsin RTC to join his bro at Virginia.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Wrestling Thug

Quote from: Brett Favre on May 27, 2017, 07:10:01 AM
I've said it before, Mitch is a waste of money. Between him and Barry, UW wrestling and its supporters are wasting a lot of $$$

;D :o 8)

wrestlemania

"I've said it before, Mitch is a waste of money. Between him and Barry, UW wrestling and its supporters are wasting a lot of $$$"

What money? Penn grads offered Burroughs $800,000(!) to leave Lincoln and move to Philly to train there. You honestly think UW wrestling boosters have that kind of money lying around or that booster clubs supporting UW wrestling raise that kind of money or ever have in the past?

Bottom line is, compared to the top collegiate programs, UW is a mom and pop store. People who want serious results need to pony up serious money, period. And any coach worth his salt will tell you that.

Barou

Quote from: wrestlemania on June 20, 2017, 06:22:33 PM
"I've said it before, Mitch is a waste of money. Between him and Barry, UW wrestling and its supporters are wasting a lot of $$$"

What money? Penn grads offered Burroughs $800,000(!) to leave Lincoln and move to Philly to train there. You honestly think UW wrestling boosters have that kind of money lying around or that booster clubs supporting UW wrestling raise that kind of money or ever have in the past?

Bottom line is, compared to the top collegiate programs, UW is a mom and pop store. People who want serious results need to pony up serious money, period. And any coach worth his salt will tell you that.

So it can't be a waste of money because they don't have Penn like dollars to offer?
JHI Mafia

hornbuckleb

Quote from: Barou on June 21, 2017, 08:02:23 AM
Quote from: wrestlemania on June 20, 2017, 06:22:33 PM

So it can't be a waste of money because they don't have Penn like dollars to offer?

Not sure what constitutes a waste of money in others life's, but quite certain Mitch's involvement with the RTC brought the World Team Trials to Madison two years in a row, coordinated bringing the cadet world team to train on campus during the summer, and quite certain his salary was based on what monies he could raise.

I would imagine all of you who constantly complain have some sort of skin in the game.  You probably pledge money each month to the BRTC, attended the golf outing last month and laid out a wad of cash, participate in the trap shoots, and have already purchased your tickets to the steak fry eagerly awaiting your chance to bid on merchandise.

npope

So, I haven't really heard a definitive answer as to Mitch's current status with the Badger program despite the question being asked on a couple of different threads. Anybody willing to explain the dynamics to me?

Thanks
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

dad 2 5

BRTC head coach is Tyler Turner from what I understand and Mitch is focus on Cadet development

bigG

I'd bet an easy transition to Askren HC wouldn't need to cost megabucks and would open up opportunity to some young and hungry coaches. I don't hate Mitch nor BD. Just think BD's gotten a little old and it will soon be time for a change. If the BRTC is going to flourish, I see Ben making that bridge from college to the next level much more attractive in Badgerland. I understand that they are very separate entities. But I think Ben would bring them closer together and make a more seamless transition for Badger wrestlers.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.