Quarterfinals, Friday morning!

Started by leg turk, March 20, 2015, 09:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Come on Taylor, get us started out on the right foot!  Good luck Bucky!

stp

Those were not back points on RT and I have no idea why there was not more of a challenge by Barry.

Good job Barry making RT go back and shake his hand.   Not as if a loss is a surprise for RT.  His B10 match was close too.    

Well frick......come back for 3rd RT.  
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

leg turk

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: stp on March 20, 2015, 10:27:41 AM
Those were not back points on RT and I have no idea why there was not more of a challenge by Barry.

thought he would challenge, nothing to loose on a challenge when the other man already has points
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Ghetto

Why are we putting no one down in this tournament?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: Ghetto on March 20, 2015, 10:39:00 AM

was thinking the same thing... down by 3 seems like you go down, I realize PS had about 45 second ride time but you figure if RT gets a td he could eliminate a small ride time deficit
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Recon

Weird match. The quick NF might have been challenged. Then when Ryan got two quick TDs it looked like he was going to take over. Then things slowed down and he didn't get too close the rest of the way. Too bad, good luck coming back, hopefully he can get on the podium.

vsmf2010

I thought watching live the NF was a bad call but when I watched it again they were legit. Two counts. He kind of stalled in the high bridge. Margin of error is very small. Tough to come back after getting down by 4 and getting ridden out. Tough road back to 3rd place match. Would have to beat DiJulius, Hall, and then the loser of Dardanes and Brewer.

DocWrestling

The Badgers are giving up so many points simply because nobody can go down and actually get out.  This teams needs some serious work on mat wrestling.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

vsmf2010

Neutral was the right call. Riding time was under a minute, JG had ridden him out and turned him in the first, and you cannot afford to waist any time when you are down by 3.

leg turk

Quote from: Ghetto on March 20, 2015, 10:39:00 AM

Lol... hey now, lets not be questioning any of Barrys coaching skills.

DocWrestling

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 20, 2015, 10:49:37 AM
Neutral was the right call. Riding time was under a minute, JG had ridden him out and turned him in the first, and you cannot afford to waist any time when you are down by 3.

It was the right call but you can't win championships if you can't trust to get out.

Sadly, with nothing to base it on, I predict this is Thielke's last match in a Badger uniform and maybe his last folkstyle match ever.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

harley

Not a good start for the Friday Morning session, hope things change real soon!! I might have to agree with Doc, but I hope were both wrong

leg turk

Thielke finishes the year 6-13

Badgers- 0 for 2 so far today.

mkm13

I have no idea how Thielke couldn't make 133.  He was way smaller than Cruz.  He had no chance at his size/strength compared to him.