Raw beef

Started by 5799gb, February 02, 2016, 03:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5799gb

Growing up my uncle would always show up at family gatherings with a container of seasoned raw beef and a box of crackers. I remember it being from a butcher shop becouse the container was a white,round,'plastic one like the ones we would get our liver in. It's been 35-40 yrs ago now and i crave it at least twice a month. Found tartare recipes on the web but not even sure that is what it was exactly. Some ingredients were the same becouse I remember the pepper and onion and I know that it was a very lean cut that was chopped and not ground. Any info on a good,safe recipe or shop-market that produces something similar would be great. Can't get it out of my head. Almost taste it. Thanks

ramjet

Lean ground chuck but be sure and get it from small butcher shops that have some old timers their they know what younger talking about when you say "raw beef"  Love it it's great with fresh rye big ole slice of raw onion and salt and pepper. Usually Christmas and News Years that's it.

garygb

Come to Luxemburg and go to Salmon's Meats.  They have it in the meat case already seasoned.  Yum!  I've also bought it already seasoned at Konop's in Stangleville.

bigG

Foss's in Sparta, Von Ruden's in Cashton. Great beef; just like ram eats it. MMM.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.