Growing Mushrooms

Started by MarkK, January 15, 2015, 01:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkK

Anyone grow mushrooms indoors.  I am trying some right now.  It looks like I have all the conditions right.  Can't wait to see how they turn out.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

bigG

Shiitake, maitakke, oysters (all heavenly)...come on, yo, quit teasin'!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Wish they could figure out how to successfully grow morels indoors. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Never gonna happen, me thinks.
They're either symbiotic/mycorrhizal(meaning they need a host; but they also benefit their host) or they can be saprotrophic (live off the dead roots or dead burned tree matter). You'd think with such flexibility, they'd be a dream to grow indoors.

There used to be a guy in the WWW who claimed to have the trick. I never invested the $150 (or whatever)to find out what it was.

bigG

Mark, how's my favorite fungi?

Any luck with those?

imnofish

Are you saying Mark is a fun guy?   ;D 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

DrSnide

Quote from: MarkK on January 15, 2015, 01:43:42 PM
Anyone grow mushrooms indoors.  I am trying some right now.  It looks like I have all the conditions right.  Can't wait to see how they turn out.

I've worked with people who got in trouble for that kind of thing ;)
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

Rediscover the Dead collection.

I don't know if you can grow Chantrelles indoors. Those might be worthwhile.