Started by bkraus, November 21, 2013, 09:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on November 22, 2013, 06:01:52 PM
Sesame Street Live

"Rivetting!" raves Joe Speigal of the Hew York Times

"Mice on ice be nice!" proclaims Anrew Rover of the LA Chronicle

"A must see even for the elderly" says Laura Barrel of the Chicago Terib

Man, have I been there buddy. Mr. Snufolufogus has a few issues in the show I saw.

Several Cashton grads to the set up and tear down of many of those shows. Not the best skaters, though. :)

Sounds like Dad 2 5 got it goin' on.

Sesame Street is the bomb.  My kids and grandkids have all loved it.  One of my dad's childhood buddies is one of the guys who started the whole thing. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Quote from: TomM on November 21, 2013, 09:54:14 AM
I celebrate in my basement, sitting at a card table on a folding chair alone, under an incandescent light bulb strung from the ceiling by its chord, staring at a dim laptop screen reading endless political threads to weed out vile personal attacks by individuals who have never met and don't like something the government is doing. I have a bowl of canned chicken noodle soup and a paper plate with buttered toast next to it and a stack of napkins to wipe up the drool.  I do this many days in a row, identical routine.  Yes, I think you should do your meal two days in a row.

Ouch!

bigG

Maybe he'll (ahem, ahem) invite us and avoid the typing.

Be almost depressing when we're gettin' along. You got the edge with "Slapyomamma"!

Never tried it.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bigG

Maybe not a big non-trad thing; but,  this year I made a ham as well on turkey day so, the next morning... guess what's on the menu? But that means I need the oven space. So I figured it go as low and slow with the bird as I could. Garlicky butter, spices and a little cilantro inter the skin. Breast up all night in the Nesco at +/- 150. Flip it to leg side up the next morning , turn up to 200. Ate after the Packer game, and leaving the leg side up made the fat that melted from the dark meat run down, and the pan had already had plenty of juice from the night. So the breast down soaked up goodness all day; and the dark meat wasn't at all dry either. I think I'm going this way from now on. The smell through the night, morning and day was crack to the salivary glands. Only drawback is no crackly skin, which I love.

At any rate, I'm firing up the ham for breakfast; and we gone B eatin' turkey (fill-in-the-blank) the rest of the way.

I like leftovers more then the meal usually.

Youse guys enjoy your leftovers.  :)

bigG

I should also add that the ham was made in a big ole pot with some Coke on the bottom and cloves tossed in there. That's it. Seal with alumafoil and let her go in the oven at 300, then 200, then 100 over three hours. Falls apart with the sweet of Coke and savory of cloves. MMMMMwah!

imnofish

We had a "small" crowd of 25 this year, which is about 1/2 of our usual guest list.  Seems many of the nieces, nephews, and their families have recently relocated far away and could not make the trip this year.  We used to have foreign guests, such as Japanese college students and an Australian guest worker, which was interesting.  We still had a turkey and a ham, as always; just adjusted the size of each.  Still had a great time.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

I have anywhere between 8 and 20. This year was 12.

Hope your crew had a hoot.