Started by The Last Ride, January 04, 2015, 07:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on January 05, 2015, 08:36:55 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on January 05, 2015, 08:15:44 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 05, 2015, 01:27:31 PM
If you like Stats here is fun site.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ok what are you saying then? You backing up my first post as to a slight edge to the boys on the line play?

I will say it is a push but I still lean toward the boys though I like the way the Packers have played the last 10 games and actually they arent though of as old and they could be together for a few more years.

Well Dallas does rate slightly higher than the Pack in rushing so they have an edge but practically thinking much of that success has to be Murray he is special back and the Boys rushed more carries than the Pack so they should be ahead.

Romo has been sacked more than Rodger sure Rodger has quick release and gets the ball out and most certainly could scramble better than Romo.

The game against the Lions yesterday Romo was sacked 6 times yes 6 times 4 of those sacks came with only 4 rushing. They rushed more for more downs against the zoackers but the line and blocking scheme held the sacks to 1 and that was against Flynn who frankly is not one who gets the ball out.

So I say they are even and if there is an edge I say it's the Packer O line especially at home. But I agreed it's a push ........ aka even 😃

Lions came with a completly different game plan and knowing Romo cannt move he is a sitting duck at times when the recievers are out.

On 1 game, I think the Packers line knew their bread and butter was hurt and they stepped it up another noch if you ask me. The first go around wasnt very good for the Packers.

It comes down to the weather and I say Pack 40-30 over the Cowboys. I also think the boys will through up some garbage points to make the score closer.

Also, I sure hope the line brings it because in this weather I am sure that calf still will be tight ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bigG

I have never seen a team with more tipped balls tossed by the QB and recovered by the offense. This game makes me nervous; just because I know I'll need intense therapy if this Packer team loses to this Cowgirl team.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

maggie

G, old ED has been in the take his whole career, he's a Milwaukee Lawyer, owns his own firm with another fellow and now his kid is a pro ref...yes, if there's going to be a questionable call, ED's the one who's going to make it!  ;)...did ya notice in the early AFC game last week, he screwed up the coin toss... :D...thank god, i had a Prop bet that i almost lost because of it...  :o....packers/Dal...sad to say, but if I'm not mistaken, our packers don't seem to play very well in the cold weather,however, but i don't believe Dal can/ will either, it will all come down to who's tougher in the trenches! ...and there is absolutely no way for Dal to stop our BUS, no way, he runs for many against them Sun..our LB will have to have a big TACKLING day in order for us to win, Rogers and Co. will put points on the board no doubt, but we will need several D stopS! to win the game...i see Romo getting picked a few times, as he will be running scared and when that happens, he toss the ball all over the place, just the way he plays...i can see Lacy running for a buck 60 and are receivers gaining well over 260 between them, Rogers uses what he has better than most, and i can see using up to 7 different Receivers...PACK BY 9...now tell me i don't belong on ESPN... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

bigG

I laughed like heck at the coin toss.

But, yeah, you're right. Not what you know, but who ya know.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

LG Capers will do the same but do a better job of desguiseing the blitz we will also not see Hawk on the field very much Barrington will be the guy. Stunts and corner blitzes will make us vulnerable to Murray and big pass plays because we will have to go 1 on 1.

I just do not think the score will be that high footing is going to be an issue.

littleguy301

I can see the Pack coming out with that quick strike offense and running up some points in a hurry and I also see a quick turnover by the boys deep in their own side of the field and 1 play latter you see Rogers to Cobb.

I see more of a Packers/Falcons type game. Pack gets up early and they go in to prevent and try to coast the bad boy in.

I dont think the Pack will have problems with the footing (not to much) but I see the Cowboys struggling out the gate before they start hitting on all valves.

maggie

Possible so rammy about Barrington, but one thing that sticks out about Hawk is his reediness and speed to the ball, he has close to 40 inappropriate term2. Tackles, that over twice as many as any of our LB's and still leads our LB's in solo tackles with over 50..so placing him on the bench might not be the thing that Capers is thinking, all tho i like the kid from SO FLA a lot...he's still very young...i also like the speed that Lattermore gives us on the inside...if Capers sticks to the same game plan he has for the last 3 weeks, we should be fine and get to Romo a lot, at least he will be HURRIED... ;)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

ramjet

WithMathews moving in and out of the middle Barrington makes sense Hawk could not cover you over the middle...😳

Handles II

Will Aaron's calf strain be the achilles heel of the packers? Even if they get past the cowboys, then what?

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on January 06, 2015, 10:40:57 AM
Will Aaron's calf strain be the achilles heel of the packers? Even if they get past the cowboys, then what?

That's easy WHEN they beat the Boys they go onto wi the NFC championship.

DrSnide

Bold prediction - Packers outrush the Cowboys on Lambeau - win by 10.  I think Lacy/Stark are better suited to run in the cold with poor footing and the Murray with the bad hand may cough one up.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

ramjet

well hopefully a few Pass Interference calls go our way............

littleguy301

Going back to the OL talk I just noticed that the Cowboys had 2 first team OL (Martin and Smith) and 1 second team (Fredrick) and the Packers have a 2 teamer in Sitton. Like I said before talent wise the Cowboys have done well though I have also said that the last 10 games the OL for the Packers have played very well as a unit. The Packers may not have the name guys but as a unit they play well together.

imnofish

Congrats to the Packers on getting it done today!  Rodgers lack of mobility was a real liability, but he gutted it out, the team pulled together, and they advanced.  Perhaps the most satisfying moment was watching Howie Long whine about the successful Packer challenge resulting in a final "incomplete pass" call.  My wife pointed out that, during the post-game coverage, the whole broadcasting crew looked like they had just attended a funeral.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ramjet

Lacy-huge
Adams wow run after catch was outstanding.
OL protected Aaron very well.
Rodgers MVP dude is a true leader.
Crosby-clutch
Cowboys coach-classy guy
Mike McCarthy wow he can coach.
Defense up and down but that play by Peppers was huge difference maker without that Murray scores. Good half time adjustment by Capers.