Dallas @ Green Bay

Started by The Last Ride, January 04, 2015, 07:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Hopefully Jerry does not have the refs paid off for this game....
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

bigG

Not as bad as the Cardinal game. Ed Hochule (sp?) can mess up a wet dream. Every time he's the Cap'n, things go into a surreal state of rec-centered indirection; explained, ad nauseum, over the PA.

Okay, I'll say it. I just can't stand Cam Newton.

I don't even care who wins these games; but that Card game was reffed terribly. Not saying the outcome would be different; but the refs had an impact on the outcome.

Dallas got some zebra honey, too. Hope they just let 'em play.

GPG!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

Yea that was head scratcher. Now that said let see Detroit, shanked the punt, had four more penalties that advance the ball and kept the drive alive, fumbled twice on the 2:00 minute drive and blew a 14 point lead.....

Home Field advantage the Packers              +6
Kickers-Slight advantage Packers Dome vs Cold weather kicker  +3
Special Teams    even
QB Packers (Romo was hammered today and is slow even on turf so how will he move at Lambeau he also had really tough time reading the blitz Packers blitz is far better the  Detroits and disguise see better too.  +6
Running game Boys Murray is the leader he is good for -6
Defense toss up Boys Good on the Road Pack over the last few games have been really good stopping some top ranked offenses.  push
Offensive Line- Packers +2
Secondary-edge is to the boys slightly -3
A rested Packer Team +2

Packer win by 10

The Last Ride

Hope you are right ramjet. Don't like Witten against our LB's Maybe they will use a DB on him. Better get pressure on Romo.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

ramjet

Quote from: The Last Ride on January 04, 2015, 08:14:17 PM
Hope you are right ramjet. Don't like Witten against our LB's Maybe they will use a DB on him. Better get pressure on Romo.

Oh yea forgot the turnover ratio....+6

Romo had rough time recognizing the blitzes that were desguidpsed by Detroit they do not do that as well as Capers so I think the key is score early and often make the Boys p,ay from behind that will minimize Murray and make Romo have to pass that plays to the pass rush and pressure on Romo combine that with the elements and we can really take it to them.

They did not win that game as much as Detroit (and refs) handed it to them.

As far as Witten he was beat up today was hobbling some towards the end of the game we will see he is gamer but again as long as we do not expect Hawk to cover hi we should be oK?

Of course I picked Detroit to win today and that pick went south for sure. 😛

littleguy301

well I see it different than most but I do agree with the Packers by 10, though I see 40-30 type game.

QB-edge goes to the Packers and it isnt an edge it is a big difference so big that it will oversee all!!!!
RB-I give the Cowboys a slight edge. Murry is good
WR-actually I lean toward the Cowboys on this
TE-edge to the boys
OL-edge to the boys
DE-slight if any edge to the Packers
LB-I give this to the Packers
DB-slight edge to the boys
K-slight edge to the Pack but remember the Packers arent the frozen tundra team of years past
special teams-well depends on how you look at it, I do give the Pack a slight edge.

While the Packers OL has improved like no other in the league, I just cannt help get over what the Cowboys have done in the draft with their line and they seem to be hitting about 1000 on their OL picks. Fredricks is a sledge hammer!!!!!! Could be the best in the game.

I personally feel if this game gets into a track meet, the better for the Packers. actually I would like to see the pack play the no-huddle hurry up offense and I really believe the Cowboys will crumble under that pressure.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

I totally disagree on the O line Detroit got to Romo with 4 man rush chased him from the picket and sacked him allot.

Packers ran the ball down that Detroit defensive line owning them at the line of scrimmage. they did not sack Rodgers .....Flynn yes once.

Boys line gave up more sacks and QB hurries than Packer O Line.

I picked lower score because of the elements.

Recievers Pacers combined have better numbers and Bryant is an emotional wreck.

littleguy301

Yes the packers have done an awesome job in the last 10 or so weeks protection Rogers and becoming a great unit! I still worry a tad but they embarassed the lions on the ground. I do think Rogers makes the line better with his play action and having a viable running game.

I think talent wise the Cowboys line is better but that doesnt mean they are playing as a team. I do believe if they do play as a team they are one of the best if not the best line in the league but until they get over the me first they are just a good line and that is it.

I will give it a push, how about that.

ramjet

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 05, 2015, 12:58:15 PM
Yes the packers have done an awesome job in the last 10 or so weeks protection Rogers and becoming a great unit! I still worry a tad but they embarassed the lions on the ground. I do think Rogers makes the line better with his play action and having a viable running game.

I think talent wise the Cowboys line is better but that doesnt mean they are playing as a team. I do believe if they do play as a team they are one of the best if not the best line in the league but until they get over the me first they are just a good line and that is it.

I will give it a push, how about that.

oK push works 😄

Handles II

If i counted right, dallas is 1-7 lifetime @ Lambeau, with their only win coming in 2007. 
Let's hope they leave GB 1-8.

ramjet

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on January 05, 2015, 01:27:31 PM
If you like Stats here is fun site.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ok what are you saying then? You backing up my first post as to a slight edge to the boys on the line play?

I will say it is a push but I still lean toward the boys though I like the way the Packers have played the last 10 games and actually they arent though of as old and they could be together for a few more years.

ramjet

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 05, 2015, 08:15:44 PM
Quote from: ramjet on January 05, 2015, 01:27:31 PM
If you like Stats here is fun site.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ok what are you saying then? You backing up my first post as to a slight edge to the boys on the line play?

I will say it is a push but I still lean toward the boys though I like the way the Packers have played the last 10 games and actually they arent though of as old and they could be together for a few more years.

Well Dallas does rate slightly higher than the Pack in rushing so they have an edge but practically thinking much of that success has to be Murray he is special back and the Boys rushed more carries than the Pack so they should be ahead.

Romo has been sacked more than Rodger sure Rodger has quick release and gets the ball out and most certainly could scramble better than Romo.

The game against the Lions yesterday Romo was sacked 6 times yes 6 times 4 of those sacks came with only 4 rushing. They rushed more for more downs against the zoackers but the line and blocking scheme held the sacks to 1 and that was against Flynn who frankly is not one who gets the ball out.

So I say they are even and if there is an edge I say it's the Packer O line especially at home. But I agreed it's a push ........ aka even 😃

TomM

Packers 35-28

Just in case that one is off.. I had considered Packer 35 Cowboys 17  ... but 17 seemed a bit low...  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"