Melvin Gordon tracker

Started by maggie, July 22, 2014, 06:50:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Not looking for any AR here; but it'd be nice to see a little more at QB. Being nice, here. cripes that was frustrating.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Drivingforce

McEvoy is terrible, Stave is an absolute train wreck. The QB play is awful and has cost the team 2 games. I don't understand why they feel they need to throw so much when all it does is blow up in their face. I get that you need to mix it up a little but please... They have the best RB in college football tearing it up and decide it's time to throw the ball all over the yard. Ridiculous. 1st down at the 3 and they throw a pick in the end zone. Nice. Poor play calling with incompetent QB play. Embarrassing to lose that game.

maggie

27 for 259 yds and a TD. Good day..hard to argue that RIGHT NOW Force, but i will, Stave is the QB we need in there NOW to get back in the race and the one we need to beat NED!...PATHETIC PLAY CALLING! and all day long!  (tells us what we lost in Paul C) actually, i like the all 3 of the tosses to Clements on 1st down.. :o Not!..what kind of play is that?...QB turns and tosses it to the sideline  for 0 gain when the game is on the line.. :o  wasted down...if them coaches want to see Gordon in top fashion, he needs to STAY IN THE GAME! he was on 2 off 2 all day, that's ridicules, not to mention they have no pass plays to him remember, the QB's aren't calling the plays, there coaches are..most pathetic play of the day, 1st in I believe 5 from the 5, and they trying tossing the ball.. :o  :o  :o    again, with the game on the line  ::)..it's too bad, stave had his receiver coming open in the end zone AT THE TIME AND IF THE BALL WAS THERE, IT LOOKED LIKE A TD, he seemed to telegraphed the throw as he was heading out of bounds... and tossed it way to low...can you imagine the look that Stave must have given Gordon while he had to call that play.. :D  worse yet, what the heck might have Gordon been thinking right about then...ya, probable the same thing we all were..Tackling sucked also...as bad as he may have looked, Staves not that bad of a QB, look at the kids record in the last few yrs...he's got it in him, them coaches have to get it out of him again, maybe a week with the first team will help....well see.. a running back has 259 yds and your team loses, that's coaching folks!...
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

Drivingforce

maggie I guess I don't see what you in Stave. He's a D3 QB, not a D1. He should be playing at Whitewater or Stevens Point or a school like that. He has no arm strength, floats the ball and he's very inaccurate. As bad as McEvoy is at least he's a good athlete, Stave doesn't move well. The kid coming next year from Utah will probably start as a freshman, too bad Gordon won't be back. Best pure runner I've seen in a while, he has everything; size, speed, vision and power.

maggie

OK, here is what i see and know...2011-REDSHIRTED
                                                  2012, went 72 for 119 for 1104 yds and tossed 6 TD., only played in 8 Games and in at least 2 of those game, he tossed for well over 200 yds and
played in the rose bowl game
                                                  2013-played in 13 games,  tossed for 2494 yd going 208 for 336 and had ""22"" TD, tossed for 295 yd and 2 TD against OS in a huge win!
                                                   2014-YET TO BE DETERMINED  ;)
                      so, Im not going to listen to anyone tell me he can't plat the position!, he has the Experience we need to win, STARTED IN 21 NCAA D1 GAMES...so yes, he'll come around..and soon i hope!.. ;)

aarons23

Sorry Maggie......he can not play the position....he was as advertised yesterday......terrible. 
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

maggie

:)...i believe he will prove us all wrong,...as i just showed, he's got the talent too...theres more going on in that locker room that is being let out, that's for sure...you can almost see it... ;)..at this point, he would be nuts not to play him with the experiance he has...just saying, and i know it wasn't pretty yesterday...next game!

aarons23

Quote from: maggie on October 05, 2014, 09:49:19 AM
:)...i believe he will prove us all wrong,...as i just showed, he's got the talent too...theres more going on in that locker room that is being let out, that's for sure...you can almost see it... ;)..at this point, he would be nuts not to play him with the experiance he has...just saying, and i know it wasn't pretty yesterday...next game!

He may have a good game here and there.....but by the time that happens any hopes of big ten will be gone, gone gone....like a freight train.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

maggie

and your answer would be to?...

npope

Quote from: maggie on October 05, 2014, 07:31:48 PM
and your answer would be to?...

I don't think many are suggesting that there is currently an answer available but rather, just that the Badger QB situation is a very weak link in the team and that the play calling seems to come back to putting those guys in situations where Bucky is relying on a weak link to "make it happen," which is puzzling.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

littleguy301

Quote from: ramjet on October 02, 2014, 12:46:47 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on October 01, 2014, 11:22:30 PM
Quote from: ramjet on October 01, 2014, 07:08:49 PM
I disagree.

The kid is far more athletic and faster and opens up the potential for the read option and he can pass and will over time improve and surpass Stave and his numbers from last year.

Gordon not even on the Radar for the Heisman? That is a crime.

Well lets see him in the read option more than.

No he will not surpass stave numbers from last year in the same amount of games. maybe in more games he will but not in the same number of games, sorry.

We will see time will tell read option is not Wisconsin's game but it can be if they will use it he is fast enough to make it work. But then again why run him when you have Gordon.

I think he is better QB than Stave all around needs time he will get it this year.

personally I think that Stave will see more and more time and cutting into Tanners numbers.

Stave is not the answer either, we have problems with the QB but why are we not running more and more. Heck the way the big ten is the Badgers could have won them all to get into the big 10 title game. Not a good year for the big 10 and a team that runs the ball well will be pretty good.

stave is a D2 QB, I think he is better than most all of the D3 QB I have seen though there is always that one ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

listen I will say this most all of you are missing the fact that Northwestern Defensive Line drove our line into the QBs lap all day NW controlled the line of scrimmage and any team that controls the line of scrimmage will win the game. My goodness how can you criticize the QB when he has the defense in the back field within about .5 seconds? Passing game for the Badgers was in the 🚽 with zero protection.

Knowing this the coach should have made the adjustments to combat the aggressive play of the NW defensive line. He did not he instead made a stupid decision and created a QB controversy. Bad for Badger 🏈

I like the young QB I think used correctly he can be difference maker yesterday was in my opinion(which means little to anyone except me) is we ran no screens, draws and we did not run any delayed snags or bubble screens most of which would have been a good way to slow down the aggressive and dominating push from NW defensive line.

imnofish

Quote from: ramjet on October 05, 2014, 10:04:24 PM
listen I will say this most all of you are missing the fact that Northwestern Defensive Line drove our line into the QBs lap all day NW controlled the line of scrimmage and any team that controls the line of scrimmage will win the game. My goodness how can you criticize the QB when he has the defense in the back field within about .5 seconds? Passing game for the Badgers was in the 🚽 with zero protection.

Knowing this the coach should have made the adjustments to combat the aggressive play of the NW defensive line. He did not he instead made a stupid decision and created a QB controversy. Bad for Badger 🏈

I like the young QB I think used correctly he can be difference maker yesterday was in my opinion(which means little to anyone except me) is we ran no screens, draws and we did not run any delayed snags or bubble screens most of which would have been a good way to slow down the aggressive and dominating push from NW defensive line.

I have to admit that the O-line really stunk up the place!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDB-yswOrzc
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

maggie

wow rammy, not a bad assessment and I couldn't agree more (wow, that's a first :)) both of them QB had D linemen in there face in a hurry all day long, but the roll out INT stave tossed was a horrible pass, way to low and no steam, all tho after looking at the tape, his receiver would have been open...just a kid on the spot trying to get his team back in the game with the call his coach made for him,,,STUPID CALL!...I'll stick to my story, give Stave time, mabe a few new pass routes and he'll be a very effect QB in the games to came... one thing Anderson didn't do this year that every other coach in the country would have if given the chance, is to Build his team around His Heisman Hopeful,..look at it for yourself, how many power sweeps did we run him? any famous End around or fakes? how many time have we seen him run the ball 3 times in a row?..heck, i recall Barry given the ball to RD up to 16 straight plays to open up our then very questionable passing game...Gordon has already expressed that he can get the ball enough and Anderson also stated in Chicago ;) at the big ten confrence that he would indeed give it to him as much as he wanted, well, he has not lived up to his story...maybe we need more Gordon and a few different plays for him...

imnofish

Stave actually was a big improvement, other than trying to force one ill-advised throw.  Realistically, the kid was just starting his season...   and in a darn tough situation.  Let's hope he knocks the rust off quickly and the coaches do a better job of meshing the running and passing games.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!