Division 1 HS Football

Started by The Last Ride, October 09, 2013, 06:11:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale Einerson

Quote from: The Last Ride on November 03, 2013, 10:51:12 AM
Quote from: maggie on November 03, 2013, 10:45:56 AM
Ride, is he committed to anyone yet?...this young mans name is, Dominic Cizauskas, he will be making UWM his home for the next few yrs...trust me, from what i gather, we'll all get sick of hearing his name.  :D  they say He's 6-2- 250,Fasy and very,very Explosive. he got a nice complement from Sun Prairies soon to be all state QB, saying he was the best football player he's ever Seen or played against  as well as a few choice words from the SP coach himself. they say has been ready for the next level for the last 1 1/2...if they somehow make the state finals, I guess you'll fast understand what all the raves about with him. He's a Borland Look alike, only 3" taller... :) nice to see he'll be wearing the red and white for our badgers...

That is great maggie.... you had me worried I thought UWM meant that he was going to Milwaukee... :o The kid from Preble is not big enough to play D1. Just a good athlete.

You mean like Jimmie Leonard and Drew Bree's?

The Last Ride

Quote from: Dale Einerson on November 10, 2013, 01:04:09 AM
Quote from: The Last Ride on November 03, 2013, 10:51:12 AM
Quote from: maggie on November 03, 2013, 10:45:56 AM
Ride, is he committed to anyone yet?...this young mans name is, Dominic Cizauskas, he will be making UWM his home for the next few yrs...trust me, from what i gather, we'll all get sick of hearing his name.  :D  they say He's 6-2- 250,Fasy and very,very Explosive. he got a nice complement from Sun Prairies soon to be all state QB, saying he was the best football player he's ever Seen or played against  as well as a few choice words from the SP coach himself. they say has been ready for the next level for the last 1 1/2...if they somehow make the state finals, I guess you'll fast understand what all the raves about with him. He's a Borland Look alike, only 3" taller... :) nice to see he'll be wearing the red and white for our badgers...

That is great maggie.... you had me worried I thought UWM meant that he was going to Milwaukee... :o The kid from Preble is not big enough to play D1. Just a good athlete.

You mean like Jimmie Leonard and Drew Bree's?

Point taken.. It would be cool if he proved me wrong..  :)
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

littleguy301

Quote from: howavi on November 09, 2013, 09:03:45 AM
I'd like to see st Mary springs play Kimberly (or Fondy for that matter). Doc can speak to the kids there but they are dominating small schools.

Football is one sport I like to see many divisions.

Why you ask? Simply because of numbers.

I am sure st marys has an awesome team and their starters are just plain and simple as good as any starter on any team in the state.

But hear lies the problem the fact that the smaller divisions have teams with 30 kids and the bigger divisions have 60-80 members on the team.

Take alook at Hudson, they lost 42 seniors from their team from last year and they are back into level 4 this year. Do you think saint marys could lose 42 players from a team and be right back into the same level as last year?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

The Last Ride

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 10, 2013, 08:32:39 AM
Quote from: howavi on November 09, 2013, 09:03:45 AM
I'd like to see st Mary springs play Kimberly (or Fondy for that matter). Doc can speak to the kids there but they are dominating small schools.

Football is one sport I like to see many divisions.

Why you ask? Simply because of numbers.

I am sure st marys has an awesome team and their starters are just plain and simple as good as any starter on any team in the state.

But hear lies the problem the fact that the smaller divisions have teams with 30 kids and the bigger divisions have 60-80 members on the team.

Take alook at Hudson, they lost 42 seniors from their team from last year and they are back into level 4 this year. Do you think saint marys could lose 42 players from a team and be right back into the same level as last year?

Nail on the head littleguy!

– Yoda

bigoil

I'm guessing but based on Wrightstown, st Marys likely doesn't have 42 male seniors.

I like the divisions, I just would like to see some dream matchups. A few years ago west De Pere div 3 may have been the best team in the state.

Shiocton is suppose to be tough as nails this year, winning huge all year.

littleguy301

Depth is the issue in most cases.

I will take Glenwood City. They are D7 this year and tough as nails. They play in a conference with mainly D4,5 and 6. Glenwood is the only D7 school. They lost to Mondovi that is D5 and Mondovi lost in the first round of the playoffs.

While Somerset is a dominate D4 team, I doubt they would be in the same level as Hudson and Menomonie in the area. I do think they would compete very well against them in a single game but to play their schedule for the season I think you would see a big wear down on Somerset. You get D4 and lower you have more playing both ways then you do in the top 3. I think that alone wears down a team.

I would love to see some dream matchups also but I am also realistic on that.

Maybe D3 would compete with D1. I get that but for a D7 team to compete against a D1 maybe in years past but in this day and age I dont like the odds.

bigoil

The difference is st Mary springs is in Fondy, a DI school district and then some.

padre

Quote from: howavi on November 10, 2013, 12:26:14 PM
The difference is st Mary springs is in Fondy, a DI school district and then some.

Also...it is a parochial school...which tend to get many more athletes per school capita than public schools.

littleguy301

I would bet that Glenwood High School is closer to the Menomonie High School than St Marys to Fondy.

Howavi I used Glenwood because I figured you would through out the fact that St Marys was right next to Fondy thus a better area and so on.

We may be small in my area but man do we have schools packed into a small area. Heck I see the SCC (hammond) water tower every morning but I live in another district. It takes me 10 minutes and I am in Spring Valley, River Falls, SCC, Ellsworth, New Richmond, Glenwood and finally the Hudson school district from just my house.

So while we have many schools but we dont have to cover many miles.

bigoil

Quote from: littleguy301 on November 11, 2013, 11:23:55 PM

I would bet that Glenwood High School is closer to the Menomonie High School than St Marys to Fondy.

Howavi I used Glenwood because I figured you would through out the fact that St Marys was right next to Fondy thus a better area and so on.

We may be small in my area but man do we have schools packed into a small area. Heck I see the SCC (hammond) water tower every morning but I live in another district. It takes me 10 minutes and I am in Spring Valley, River Falls, SCC, Ellsworth, New Richmond, Glenwood and finally the Hudson school district from just my house.

So while we have many schools but we dont have to cover many miles.

Not too familiar with Glenwood but think ST. Mary Springs is different than say Stratford/Edgar (historically dominant D5/D6 teams). Springs is about a mile or two from Fondy HS.

maggie

my buddy lives in Seattle and sent me this...unreal...LG, come clean...http://bit.ly/17xnzBO
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

The Last Ride

Well Hudson lost to Arrowhead 38-14. Hudson scored on the first drive and then the wheels came off with 3 interceptions and 1 fumble..Getting to the semis for the second year was great.. They have a good core coming back..

Congrats to Glenwood City and Stanley-Boyd!

– Yoda

bigoil

Div 4 has two teams combined that were .500 in the reg season. 5-4 and 4-5.

maggie

Franklin looks like the surprise upset team... :)
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

Quote from: howavi on November 16, 2013, 08:32:52 AM
Div 4 has two teams combined that were .500 in the reg season. 5-4 and 4-5.

So what, they won when they needed to and that is the main thing!