Packers vs Bengals..

Started by The Last Ride, September 21, 2013, 06:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd

Quote from: Drivingforce on September 22, 2013, 04:12:32 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on September 22, 2013, 03:53:41 PM
Quote from: aarons23 on September 22, 2013, 03:45:21 PM
They will be fine...lots of nagging injuries that should be better after bye week...line wasn't great but wasn't terrible...both Starks and Franklin looked good....getting Lacy back will make a pretty deep backfield.  Getting our two guys back in defensive back field will also be a big help.....Ross needs to go.
I will agree...Ross should be gone 1st thing tomorrow morning. Beyond that, they looked awful. OLine, terrible. Rodgers was not sharp today at all, bad throws and bad decisions with the ball. But when you get hit on every drop back, you'll get anxious.  Poor play calling, a comedy of errors. Neither team deserved to win but we did deserve it less than they did. We looked bad, in all phases of the game. The penalty on Tramon Williams- good call- killed the team. I think his days are done, he plays with no passion anymore. He won't be with the team next year.

The Packers should be ashamed of themselves, I know I'm ashamed to be a fan after that performance. Embarrassed would be accurate too.

I guess I'm more disappointed that they didn't win and yes I think some of the players should be embarrassed about their play but for a fan to say they're embarrassed or ashamed, yikes walk away, that game has too much control over you. 
"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: howavi on September 23, 2013, 07:21:02 AM
Baseball players are better athletes than wrestlers if hand eye coordination comes into play.

Agreed but once you factor in all the other things, baseball players are nowhere near the best athletes.  You can't look like Prince Fielder and call yourself the best athlete  Hand eye?  Hands down the best, yes better than basketball players.  Anyone that can hit a 102 mph fast ball has to have the best h/e coordination.
"This page intentionally left blank".

bigoil

Quote from: Todd on September 23, 2013, 03:52:18 PM
Quote from: howavi on September 23, 2013, 07:21:02 AM
Baseball players are better athletes than wrestlers if hand eye coordination comes into play.

Agreed but once you factor in all the other things, baseball players are nowhere near the best athletes.  You can't look like Prince Fielder and call yourself the best athlete  Hand eye?  Hands down the best, yes better than basketball players.  Anyone that can hit a 102 mph fast ball has to have the best h/e coordination.

That was sarcasm...

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on September 23, 2013, 03:40:04 PM
I would fire the strength coach.  Too many hamstring issues on this team (Matthews, Hayward, Burnette).

Page 2 I addressed the issues.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

maggie

Goat, really?....do you really believe a pro Football coach is going to tell the general public and all the reporters the real reason there players are sitting out because of Injuries?...think about it..all they have to do is submit a written report with the league stating who's not going to be available week to week...don't get caught up in all the hype, most of it's false info... ;)

maggie

DrSnide

I have a friend whose girlfriend works for ESPN 1000 in Chicago (lucky guy cute girl who knows/likes sports) so its always fun to visit with them and get the scoop from someone who talks to a lot of the backstory so to speak.  Last year she said the Packers organization had the reputation as being the most "cautious" about putting injured players back on the field and puting them at risk and many times players that would be expected to play through injuries on other teams were not for the Packers.  So that may explain some of it which I guess is a class move but still, there are time.....

Also interesting, she says the nicest guy to the "little people" when they visit is Terrel Owens (who apparently gets along with anyone other than his QB) who is very polite and respectful of everyone. Biggest jerk - Peyton Manning who apparently is an arrogant SOB. 
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Handles II

Quote from: Goat Roper on September 24, 2013, 06:58:27 AM
Quote from: maggie on September 23, 2013, 09:14:17 PM
Goat, really?....do you really believe a pro Football coach is going to tell the general public and all the reporters the real reason there players are sitting out because of Injuries?...think about it..all they have to do is submit a written report with the league stating who's not going to be available week to week...don't get caught up in all the hype, most of it's false info... ;)

They can't lie on the injury report.  The Packers have way too many hamstring injuries.

Strength coaches like different styles of training.  One, Rock something, preferred the Nautilus over free weights.

So you know exactly that the strength coach is doing something wrong? That he is only using machines or free weights? Something that requires him to be fired? Or are you simply speculating like you did with your statement that hockey "has them all beat"?  We never did hear what it was that hockey has other sports beat at Goat. What is it, fewest teeth? Most discusting things to do on a bus ride across Manitoba? If so, yes, hockey has a slight lead over carnival worker.

Houndhead

Quote from: futurerichguy on September 24, 2013, 12:42:34 PM
Quote from: Drivingforce on September 22, 2013, 08:02:05 PM
Now it's time for Dexter!!
I'm going to watch it tonight, so no spoilers!!

I love the debate on which athletic discipline produces the best athlete!  The closest thing we ever had to a true athletic test matching different disciplines was the Superstars show on ABC back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.  Here are the all-time money winners:

1. Bob Seagren, Pole Vault 1973-'82 $206,900  
2. Kyle Rote, Jr., Soccer 1974-'77 $187,825  
3. Renaldo Nehimiah, 110 Hurdles/NFL 1981-'91 $176,500  
4. Brian Budd, Soccer 1977-'80 $165,700  
5. Herschel Walker, Football 1986-'98 $151,950

So according to this, you have two NFL players (Walker and Nehimiah) in the top 5, but the all-time greatest athlete is a pole vaulter.  One basketball player in the top 20, Ann Meyers.  12 NFL players in the top 20.  Looks like the NFL wins in my opinion.

Note Dan Gable competed in this event in 1974 and took 5th.  He got killed in tennis and golf, but won the half mile and placed second in the swim and weightlifting events.

They need to bring this show back!!
http://www.thesuperstars.org/

I used to love watching the Superstars competition. For some reason I don't remember any of the competitions from the late 90's and 2000's. I didn't realize it was still going on then.

Handles II

Way more football players than other sports, so certainly the share of placewinners.
interseting to me since waterskiing has been a big hobby, how well Wayne Grimditch, a former pro skier did with a 3rd, 1st, 2nd finish. he's about 5'5" 130.

Anyone remember what the "weight lifting" category consisted of?

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on September 23, 2013, 08:32:22 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on September 23, 2013, 07:43:28 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on September 23, 2013, 03:40:04 PM
I would fire the strength coach.  Too many hamstring issues on this team (Matthews, Hayward, Burnette).

Page 2 I addressed the issues.

Then why aren't the other NFL teams having the same issues?  Strength coaches are different and some prefer free weights and others machines.  Whatever Mark Lovat is doing isn't working.

Take alook around the league and not just at the Packers.

Hammie issues are on all teams and there isnt a week that goes by that some player from some team has a hammie issues.

Heck this morning on ESPN they list 4 injuries for Thursdays or was it Monday nights game and 2 of the 4 have hammie issues.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

harley

Handles II

Gravity!!! ;D

Interesting about Reggie White. I remember hearing Chumura talking on the radio one time saying that he could out-lift Reggie in almost every category, but wasn't nearly as football strong as him.
IMO Reggie was big time on the juice just as Gastineau was (and many more who were or still are). Any time you hear of someone dying at a young age from "and enlarged heart" it's a pretty good indicator.

aarons23

Quote from: Handles II on September 24, 2013, 10:58:40 PM
Gravity!!! ;D

Interesting about Reggie White. I remember hearing Chumura talking on the radio one time saying that he could out-lift Reggie in almost every category, but wasn't nearly as football strong as him.
IMO Reggie was big time on the juice just as Gastineau was (and many more who were or still are). Any time you hear of someone dying at a young age from "and enlarged heart" it's a pretty good indicator.

I think your wrong about Reggie...pretty sure I read he had a heart disease that is pretty prevalent in African Americans....and nothing to do with juice.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.