Hmmm

Started by Quack, November 01, 2015, 02:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quack

4.2 Election of Directors. 4.2.1 Election of Age Level Directors. The election of the Age Level Directors shall be conducted in even-numbered years at the annual meeting of members in accordance to these by-laws and policies. The Age Level Directors shall serve for a two year period. Any resident of the State of Wisconsin shall be qualified and shall, within 30 days of election to the Board, become a member of USA Wrestling. The Board of Directors shall, at its September member, place in nomination one or more candidates for the Age Level Directors, depending on the year. Nominations for these directorships shall also be accepted from the floor at annual meeting of members.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

Quack

Why if this is a  written policy do we have a Women's Director that is a resident of the state of Minnesota? Never understood how our higher ups would allow this to happen.

aarons23

I think most of us are in the dark about what you are talking about.  Please explain so we understand.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Quack

My first post is taken from the WWF Bylaws. It states that any "Resident" of the State of Wisconsin can be a Director. Yet some how our own higher ups nominated and got a resident of Minnesota voted in as our Women's Director. I guess it is just another case of them doing what they want, right or wrong.

Kevin Black

I'm not sure what is being inferred here.  I nominated Alaina from the floor at the annual meeting in 2014.  She was a resident of the state.  I was not and still am not on the board.  The members voted her into the position.  The position is up for election in 2016.
Isaiah 26:8

littleguy301

So what I gather is that the current young lady that is charge moved to Minnesota from Wisconsin AFTER she was elected.

Is there a by-law saying that once elected they cannt move from Wisconsin and continue being the director. That sounds like the real issue here.

So then in 2016 if this young lady is not in Wisconsin can she still be nominated for the directors spot. They way it is worded then maybe not.

Only less than 2 months for the new year.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Quack

But then the election is in what October? 

kneeslide

Election will be held at the annual meeting in 2016.  Date is to be determined but will be in October.  Hope everyone can make it. 

Still not sure what the issue is regarding this selection as the current women's director lived in Wisconsin at the time of the election.  The board and membership will entertain nominations and will ultimately select the best option.  The current women's director certainly has the resume and experience to lead this group into the future.

aarons23

So she no longer lives in Wisconsin?  Shouldnt she step down and let someone in state take the job.  Randy Dusing would make a great director.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

wrestling for fun

She was good enough to coach the wisconsin women when she was head coach at Cumberlands and was not a resident.   Let her serve out her term.  There must be bigger fish to fry than this.

aarons23

Quote from: wrestling for fun on November 17, 2015, 09:56:10 PM
She was good enough to coach the wisconsin women when she was head coach at Cumberlands and was not a resident.   Let her serve out her term.  There must be bigger fish to fry than this.

Why a residency requirement at all then? Wouldn't a resident of Wisconsin have better connections to the women wrestlers in Wisconsin.....wouldn't it be easier to grow the sport from with in....not the outside looking in?

Wasnt Randy the coach?

It's very strenuous! 

HMsDad

Everything comes down to politics and by how people look at situations. That's a big reason people don't step up to help out.

In my opinion if someone who is a resident is willing to take the spot why not? If the bylaws say you must be a resident is it not set?

Kickball

Why are you going after Alaina, the women's director? She has been in the position for over a year and is a highly successful former wrestler and coach. Few women (or men) come with her qualifications; we are lucky to have her. As the parent of a female cadet wrestler, I support her involvement with the WWF and hope she moves back to WI so she can continue to contribute when her term is up.

kneeslide

Quote from: HMsDad on November 18, 2015, 10:00:26 AM
Everything comes down to politics and by how people look at situations. That's a big reason people don't step up to help out.

I would disagree with the above statement.  Politics may be one of the reasons but is probably low on the list of reasons.  I believe that the time commitment needed in all volunteer organizations is high on the list.   

Another reason would be that they do not want to have to deal with the parents.  This statement will probably offend a lot of people on here but it is true.  If you were to poll coaches for example when they resign or retire will most likely state that parent involvement was one of the main reasons for leaving.  This happens in all sports.

These volunteer positions can be very taxing on people because of the reasons above.  There are many times when meetings are taking place and this takes volunteers away from their families.  Many people will come on the forum and challenge the decisions that are being made.  I can assure you that before decisions are made in the WWF many discussions take place.  We try to look at everything from all angles.  We do not expect everyone to agree with what is being done but rest assured we try to make decisions in the best interest of the athletes.  We want to give them the best experiences possible.

I have been on the WWF board for 7 years now and will never regret it as I love working with these people and for the members.  I did not understand how decisions were made and so I decided to get involved.  When you look at the members of the board there is an unbelievable amount of experience and knowledge.  All of these people love the sport of wrestling and have the best interests of your athlete at heart.  The WWF is looked upon as a model organization nationwide.  Our tournament series is second to none nationally.

Alaina Berube is an unbelievable leader for the Women's program.  She has the experience and knowledge to take this program to the next level.  We should feel blessed to have her in this position.  Let's embrace her and support her in this position.

I am sure some of you may attack me for this post and that is fine if you feel the need.  I will be one of the many volunteers at the tournament series setting up mats, working throughout the tournament and tearing down mats so that your athlete can have a great experience.  Please feel free to approach me at any time and say "Hello" and let's talk some wrestling.  The other volunteers would love to hear from you at the tournaments or anytime.  Remember that a "Thank You" to any of the volunteers will make them feel great.  It is very much appreciated.

Good Luck to everyone this wrestling season and hope to see you around the mats

Todd Schaaf
WWF Vice Chairman

Quack

Quote from: Kickball on November 18, 2015, 05:03:52 PM
Why are you going after Alaina, the women's director? She has been in the position for over a year and is a highly successful former wrestler and coach. Few women (or men) come with her qualifications; we are lucky to have her. As the parent of a female cadet wrestler, I support her involvement with the WWF and hope she moves back to WI so she can continue to contribute when her term is up.

I doubt she is moving, since she just bought a house there