Badgers at what open tourney today???

Started by J Feiner, December 07, 2013, 01:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J Feiner

Anybody know what tourney they are at today?  I believe it's in Iowa, but not sure where.... Hoping it's on track.
If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

hammen

They're at Dubuque. I'm searching track and not finding anything yet.

hammen

The tournament is on trackwrestling "University of Dubuque Open," but no results or brackets posted. Bummer.

J Feiner

If you wanna be quick, you gotta be fast......

dwhite

Grant Peissig

Just talked to my brother Eric on the phone.  He beat Broc Berge (Iowa) 3-1 OT in the 197 lbs. finals.  Berge was a 5 star recruit, 2x MN state champ plus runner up as a Senior, and I think he wrestled on the Dream Team.  Not bad considering Eric went 0-2 in his first open about a month ago.  I'm still gonna ragdoll him when he comes home for Christmas break  ;)

He also told me that Robertson won it at 184, Grahek took 2nd and there were some 3rd and 4th placers but he didn't say who.

hammen

That's awesome! Thanks for the update Grant - and video of the xmas break scraps with your brother are appreciated.

Harris

Congrats to Eric!  Great young man.  Very respectful, hard working and a great athlete.

Ghetto

Stilling took third.

I see Phillip Laux won it at 125.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Hyde

dad 2 5

Ricky R was going to go down to 84. Not sure how he did.

I see in TB updates Ricky won at 84! He is having a great redshirt year so far!

dietac

What's the story with Wolfensperger?  He walked through 133 but why was he even there and how could he be unseeded?  Is he coming back from injury?
George "The Animal" Steele

npope

There are two Wolfenspergers on the UNI squad. This one (Levi ?) was displaced in the lineup at 133 by Colon and evidently can't beat out Lazor at 141. The other Wolfensperger is at 149. Levi Wolfensperger is no slouch - he pounded Kelliher two years ago. Not sure about the seeding issues - maybe no seeding based on records at a meet like that one?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope