Duals week of 1/4

Started by littleguy301, January 04, 2015, 10:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pantherphotoman

I thought Borth's pin was a key win.  I'm just a photographer, what are the experts thoughts?  Glide?  Bueller?  Should've?  Fester?  Was Jimmy and/or Word there? Bueller?

shouldvewrestled

Borth getting a pin was big. Wieghart was a big win for Ellsworth too. Some good matches. Leavens vs Drier was fun match to watch too.

littleguy301

Third time since 1998 that NR has beaten Ellsworth in matches wrestled. How about that nugget!

Can anyone name the other team in conference that has beaten Ellsworth in matches wrestled? or by points in those matches?
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

shouldvewrestled

Did BW accomplish that back in the mortel wahlquist duch days?

littleguy301

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on January 08, 2015, 10:26:08 PM

Well actually I will have to do some research because the 99 dual was very close and I believe BW won the matches wrestled but lost because of points but that I am not sure of. So yes it would have been in that era though Mortel and Wahlquist would have been sophmores on that team.

I want to say it was in 04/05 that BW beat Ellsworth in matches wrestled or I should say it was something like 27-24 in points with matches wrestled the same. Was it 6/6 in matches with BW giving up 2 forfeits? Not sure of the exact but I was reminded of this by a very reliable ellsworth fan but I dont remember the exact points or matches, I should because I was there and I remember the class act of the Ellsworth fans at the end of the dual standing up and clapping because a team gave Ellsworth a match. I mean that statement in seriouness. Ellsworth people know their wrestling and will give due to those that try to make them a better team.

Remember that Osceola beat Ellsworth at sectionals and not in conference back in 04.

I thought it was just once that BW did win on points or matches wrestled. NR has the other 3. That is pretty amazing since through the streak since 1998, there has been some pretty good teams to come out of the MBC and there has been only a few times that Ellsworth has been challenged.

BW still had some good teams in the late 90's and early 2000's. NR has had some teams over the years that have been pretty good, I believe they went to sectionals once for sure but was it twice? Osceola had an awesome run of teams in the early to mid 2000's. Beat Ellsworth to get to state in 04 and only to run into one of the better team state teams in Lux-Caso. Amery has probably been the second best team in D2 for a couple years but yet Ellsworth still manages to keep Amery from knocking on the Madison door for team state.

But the streak continues,,,,,,,,,,I have to give Ellsworth credit, where in small towns the wave of athletes go up and down but in Ellsworth they never seem to be down for over 50 years. Man for any town that is pretty incredible.

Street Glide

Borth was a big match.  I've said before if you think a certain match with Ellsworth is a toss up, go with Ellsworth.  Not only a decision but a pin.  Also Weigart was very interesting.  Neumann bumping up to 182 very confusing.  That really backfired.  Guess I don't what he weighed in at.  At Bi State he wrestled to a 2-0 loss at 160 to Josh Hines, Hines pins who had tonight, then Neumann gets decisioned at 182.  NR gets back into the match at 15-15 through 285 then FF 106 and 113.   They weighed in a 113lber but didn't put him out.  Very confusing.  Guranteeing Ellsworth 12 more FREE points.  Why was the kid even weighed in?  What ever the reasons for these is up to the coach.  It was a very fun MB match.  Great to have interesting moves by coaches for us to debate.  Brought back a lot of old time competition memories.  Would take matches like this over complete blow outs.  Thanks NR and Ellsworth for a fun night.

justaclone22

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 08, 2015, 11:45:27 PM
Quote from: shouldvewrestled on January 08, 2015, 10:26:08 PM

Well actually I will have to do some research because the 99 dual was very close and I believe BW won the matches wrestled but lost because of points but that I am not sure of. So yes it would have been in that era though Mortel and Wahlquist would have been sophmores on that team.

I want to say it was in 04/05 that BW beat Ellsworth in matches wrestled or I should say it was something like 27-24 in points with matches wrestled the same. Was it 6/6 in matches with BW giving up 2 forfeits? Not sure of the exact but I was reminded of this by a very reliable ellsworth fan but I dont remember the exact points or matches, I should because I was there and I remember the class act of the Ellsworth fans at the end of the dual standing up and clapping because a team gave Ellsworth a match. I mean that statement in seriouness. Ellsworth people know their wrestling and will give due to those that try to make them a better team.

Remember that Osceola beat Ellsworth at sectionals and not in conference back in 04.

I thought it was just once that BW did win on points or matches wrestled. NR has the other 3. That is pretty amazing since through the streak since 1998, there has been some pretty good teams to come out of the MBC and there has been only a few times that Ellsworth has been challenged.

BW still had some good teams in the late 90's and early 2000's. NR has had some teams over the years that have been pretty good, I believe they went to sectionals once for sure but was it twice? Osceola had an awesome run of teams in the early to mid 2000's. Beat Ellsworth to get to state in 04 and only to run into one of the better team state teams in Lux-Caso. Amery has probably been the second best team in D2 for a couple years but yet Ellsworth still manages to keep Amery from knocking on the Madison door for team state.

But the streak continues,,,,,,,,,,I have to give Ellsworth credit, where in small towns the wave of athletes go up and down but in Ellsworth they never seem to be down for over 50 years. Man for any town that is pretty incredible.

Think NR has been twice in the last 15 or so years. D2 in about 2000 or 2001, and D1 in the mid 2000's.

justaclone22

Quote from: Street Glide on January 08, 2015, 11:51:38 PM
Borth was a big match.  I've said before if you think a certain match with Ellsworth is a toss up, go with Ellsworth.  Not only a decision but a pin.  Also Weigart was very interesting.  Neumann bumping up to 182 very confusing.  That really backfired.  Guess I don't what he weighed in at.  At Bi State he wrestled to a 2-0 loss at 160 to Josh Hines, Hines pins who had tonight, then Neumann gets decisioned at 182.  NR gets back into the match at 15-15 through 285 then FF 106 and 113.   They weighed in a 113lber but didn't put him out.  Very confusing.  Guranteeing Ellsworth 12 more FREE points.  Why was the kid even weighed in?  What ever the reasons for these is up to the coach.  It was a very fun MB match.  Great to have interesting moves by coaches for us to debate.  Brought back a lot of old time competition memories.  Would take matches like this over complete blow outs.  Thanks NR and Ellsworth for a fun night.
Didn't Mueller weigh in and not wrestle?

Street Glide

Of course, you may have missed the point, Ellsworth still sent someone out at 170 and 182 the weights he may have wrestled.  NR sent nobody at 113.  If he was injured no problem. 

Jimmy

If your goal is to win the battle but lose the war then congrats on your accomplishment . But to take away from the ellsworth kids for wrestling their heart out last night is flat out wrong. It is not in their control who other teams send out onto the mat. Also I can guarantee your strategy will never win a state title

justaclone22

I realize things are different in Ellsworth. It would be great if every team in the state was 2-3 people deep on the depth chart so there were never any forfeits. Sadly, this isn't the case. Unless you are in the room or in the huddle with the kids and coaches you have no idea what the reasoning behind not wrestling a kid is, even if they do weigh in. I think it just isn't right to accuse someone of something when you really have no idea what the circumstances may actually be. Just leave it alone and let last night be what it was. It was a good, hard fought dual meet between MB Conference teams. Where every kid that toed the line gave 100% and there were no controversial calls by the official to take anything away from the night. Speaking of officials, I thought Mr. Hanson did an outstanding job last night.

littleguy301

Quote from: Jimmy on January 09, 2015, 08:25:17 AM
If your goal is to win the battle but lose the war then congrats on your accomplishment . But to take away from the ellsworth kids for wrestling their heart out last night is flat out wrong. It is not in their control who other teams send out onto the mat. Also I can guarantee your strategy will never win a state title

What some Ellsworth people do not realize that winning the battle is a big step for some school not with a Ellsworth on their respective chests.

I would be as happy as one could be if it was my team that did what NR did last night. It would be a step in the right direction though I do agree that it is only 1 battle and then the whole nine yards.

Getting kids to go out and wrestle up to what they are able to do against Ellsworth is a challenge and it does take time to break kids of the train of thought because they are from Ellsworth they are good.

At least for me, Ellsworth is the bench mark of what I would like my team to become. But to get there you need to take steps and sometimes baby steps to achieve the ulitmate goal of beating Ellsworth and getting to state.

The Last Ride

Quote from: Jimmy on January 09, 2015, 08:25:17 AM

I think Jimmy is right on this... Happy Birthday Jimmy!!!!!  :) ;)
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Street Glide

Quote from: justaclone22 on January 09, 2015, 10:48:45 AM
I realize things are different in Ellsworth. It would be great if every team in the state was 2-3 people deep on the depth chart so there were never any forfeits. Sadly, this isn't the case. Unless you are in the room or in the huddle with the kids and coaches you have no idea what the reasoning behind not wrestling a kid is, even if they do weigh in. I think it just isn't right to accuse someone of something when you really have no idea what the circumstances may actually be. Just leave it alone and let last night be what it was. It was a good, hard fought dual meet between MB Conference teams. Where every kid that toed the line gave 100% and there were no controversial calls by the official to take anything away from the night. Speaking of officials, I thought Mr. Hanson did an outstanding job last night.

In my post I did mention what a great old time match it was to see and also thanked Nr And E for the show.  Also mentioned if NR 113lber was injured no problem.  But I figured as a fan watching that match what harm is it to wonder why a FF at 113.  NR obviously had their reasons and they certainly can keep them to themselves, but I see no harm in questioning why.  It's not like most every fan in the stands was wondering the same thing.
Again throughly enjoyed a tough MB battle last night.  Was fun again to see such. 

Jimmy

Thanks Ride for agreeing with me! (  that's somethig I don't hear often ) I believe birthday wishes are in order for you as well. Happy birthday.