Minnesota X-mas Tourney

Started by gijd, December 17, 2016, 05:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gijd

Looks like Kaukauna and Ellsworth are holding their own. Kaukauna in third and Ellsworth in seventh going into final round. Kaukauna leading nationally ranked Anoka. Tough loss 4-3 for Kluever to #4 nationally ranked Metz in semis. Stuhl for Ellsworth in finals. There's some quality wrestlers in this tourney, 145 is loaded.

gijd

Stuhl from Ellsworth beat #11 nationally ranked Jones in finals 7-4.

littleguy301

More than quaility, there are some plain out studs!!!!!!!!!!!!

great tournament and to watch Jake Allar and Brady Berge in the 160 pound finals was a very good watch!!!!!!!! Berge got a takedown with just under 30 seconds to win 4 to 3.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

NWIS

Quote from: littleguy301 on December 18, 2016, 09:58:55 AM

great tournament and to watch Jake Allar and Brady Berge in the 160 pound finals was a very good watch!!!!!!!! Berge got a takedown with just under 30 seconds to win 4 to 3.
WI gets a wrestler like Breske once every 4-5 years. Last year MN had Hall and McKee. This year they have Allar and Berge. They seem to be deeper in extraordinary talent.

littleguy301

Quote from: NWIS on December 18, 2016, 12:07:56 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on December 18, 2016, 09:58:55 AM

WI gets a wrestler like Breske once every 4-5 years. Last year MN had Hall and McKee. This year they have Allar and Berge. They seem to be deeper in extraordinary talent.

lets not forget about Owen Webster, Ventz, Parriot and others that landed at D1 schools last year either. If my memory serves me correct didnt Owen Webster TF Breske at some time in the past couple of years?

Also just being there yestarday, you have Cashmen, Lloyd, Jones, Bergland, little McKee that I think are all or will be nationally ranked also. Not to mention that several includeing Gable Steveson that are JR.

Please no rip on Wisconsin. We are talking the pool of kids are basically with in a hour of each other. Wisconsin seems to be quite spread out there talent pool.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

FinalWord

" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."