Started by TomM, March 29, 2020, 04:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigoil

That's amazing, great job Colton. Didn't know that about Thurmon Thomas.

imnofish

What a tough kid!  Regardless of how the rest of his athletic experiences pan out, Colton's mental toughness and ability to overcome adversity will always be great assets!   8) 8) 8) 8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

ElectricGuy

Troy,  you should be proud. Nice article
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Troy Grindle

Quote from: ElectricGuy on March 31, 2020, 10:20:05 AM
Troy,  you should be proud. Nice article

EG, I am very proud of him.  The emotional rollercoaster he had to go through this year to even get a chance to play football and wrestle was awful.  I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy to have to go through.  You never realize how much it affects a kid to go through missing a season until you are put in that spot as an athlete or a parent.  No kidding, if any parent or kid has a season ending injury PM me because you will need a support group or someone that went through it to talk about it. 

It does seem like just a couple of months ago Colton was wrestling your son with Colton coming off of the mat wide eyed and saying "that kid just picked me right up in the air and no cross face in the world was going to stop it!"  That was pretty funny.  I hope your family is doing well.

Troy
And then there was that.

littleguy301

troy that is just awesome what your son did!

If your offering up support and if anyone needs it, troy is guy I would recommend taking up on that offer. great guy and certainly has some well thought out ideas. I know over the years in our brief times I have had a chance to talk with Troy, he certainly had some top of the line thoughts on different topics!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet