Wrestle backs

Started by thequad, February 19, 2019, 01:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

Just wondering what you guys think about this situation?

Wrestler A looses a tough finals match in an UTB.

Wrestler B wins the consolidation bracket with an early pin or even a regular win.

Is it really fair to wrestler A to wrestle with only 45 minutes rest while wrestler B has nearly an hour rest time?

I don't think it's fair but I have no solution.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

DocWrestling

45 minutes of time is plenty physically to recover.  USA wrestling only gives 15 minutes.

The problem is the mind.  Emotionally kids are not always ready to go.  That is what needs to be managed better.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

matdad

Ok, with this fairness issue brought up...How about being allowed to continue wrestling during the day after injury default, with a possible chance at a state tournament spot? All after a wrestler was DQ'd because of said injury, on a questionable judgement call by an official.

npope

Quote from: matdad on February 19, 2019, 01:35:08 PM
Ok, with this fairness issue brought up...How about being allowed to continue wrestling during the day after injury default, with a possible chance at a state tournament spot? All after a wrestler was DQ'd because of said injury, on a questionable judgement call by an official.

Take 'em to court - seems to be the most effective course of action ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Kyle Reeve

Quote from: thequad on February 19, 2019, 01:28:25 PM
Just wondering what you guys think about this situation?

Wrestler A looses a tough finals match in an UTB.

Wrestler B wins the consolidation bracket with an early pin or even a regular win.

Is it really fair to wrestler A to wrestle with only 45 minutes rest while wrestler B has nearly an hour rest time?

I don't think it's fair but I have no solution.
I honestly think 45 minutes between is wayyyyy tooo long, regardless of situation.

I often think about wrestling practice, lets say you structure a practice with three 6 minute goes/matches, do we wait 45 minutes between those or 45 minutes between any hard wrestling in practice? I understand practice is not usually met with same intensity as a match, but 45 minutes is more than enough, I think 20 minutes would be good in HS. As someone stated USA wrestling allows 15, in college open tournaments, on the backside of a bracket I felt sometimes it was less than 10 minutes between matches..

Mwrestlingfan

upnortwrastlin

Many wrestlers don't like that they have to wait 45 minutes. I have heard lots of them complain that they lose their warm up and wish that they could compete sooner.

DocWrestling

It would help every tournament if it was dropped to 30 minutes or even 20 minutes.  15 Minutes always seemed a little rushed for me
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!