Down year in the WIAC?

Started by Ghetto, March 12, 2016, 09:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Is that what our conference is called? Too lazy to look it up.

Looking at the results from the D3 nationals, Wisconsin has the following in the semis

Nathaniel Behnke (Eau Claire)
Logan Hermsen (Point)
Tyler Schneider (LaCrosse)
Austin Cook (LaCrosse)

I know it's a tough tournament, but I guess I'm used to seeing more success from the kids in our conference. I'm sure I missed someone, but I didn't see any other guys who were still in the tournament.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

padre

Quote from: Ghetto on March 12, 2016, 09:18:26 AM
Is that what our conference is called? Too lazy to look it up.

Looking at the results from the D3 nationals, Wisconsin has the following in the semis

Nathaniel Behnke (Eau Claire)
Logan Hermsen (Point)
Tyler Schneider (LaCrosse)
Austin Cook (LaCrosse)

I know it's a tough tournament, but I guess I'm used to seeing more success from the kids in our conference. I'm sure I missed someone, but I didn't see any other guys who were still in the tournament.

Definitely not the strongest showing by the conference in some time.

Hermsen(UWSP) from Amherst, WI just goes to show what tons of hard work can do.  Logan never made it to state in D3 although he was one tough wrestler...just ran into some real tough sectional weight classes.  Yet, he comes through and wins a National Title.  Congrats!!!!!

Ghetto

Watched that match on track. Congrats to him. Pretty awesome.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

jets152

Hermsen(UWSP) from Amherst, WI just goes to show what tons of hard work can do.  Logan never made it to state in D3 although he was one tough wrestler...just ran into some real tough sectional weight classes.  Yet, he comes through and wins a National Title.  Congrats!!!!!
[/quote]

That's a great story!

I would've had a chance in WISAA.

stbird

Shane was awesome announcing the finals!  He really talked up Hermsen, making his story known! 

ramjet

logan was all hurt early in the season and battled through all that. He comes from great family and his biggest fans. Logan is a great story of what extra hard work and commitment gets you; an NCAA Division III championship. When he got the legs and elevated his hips and just kept driving everyone around me were yelling; "You got this."  He finished for a spectacular win.

Behnke is also a good story of determination he gets get hurt last year with breaking his hand not once but twice. He worked hard all year and put in the extra time only to get injured at the Don Parker open but kept on fighting showing allot charector and dedication and it paid off.

Yes tough year but two really great stories. Two awesome families that are humble and wonderful folks to be around.

PopDaBubble

[/quote]

Padre this is the only time I will ever correct you on these boards as you know more about high school wrestling then anyone I know :) Logan actually did make state is Junior year but it was a less than memorable 1:20 seconds of wrestling on Thursday night. Not making State his senior year was a heart breaker for him but it absolutely fueled the fire for what happened in Cedar Rapids.

Ramjet I'm glad you bring up the Behnke story. A terrific kid that has battled injuries and came oh so close to being in the finals himself. So glad when he stuck the kid from York in front of us and then dominated for 3rd place.

padre

Quote from: PopDaBubble on March 16, 2016, 02:31:23 PM

Padre this is the only time I will ever correct you on these boards as you know more about high school wrestling then anyone I know :) Logan actually did make state is Junior year but it was a less than memorable 1:20 seconds of wrestling on Thursday night. Not making State his senior year was a heart breaker for him but it absolutely fueled the fire for what happened in Cedar Rapids.

Ramjet I'm glad you bring up the Behnke story. A terrific kid that has battled injuries and came oh so close to being in the finals himself. So glad when he stuck the kid from York in front of us and then dominated for 3rd place.
[/quote]

Well now I don't feel as bad what happened his senior year. 😜 He and Braxton had some great battles that year.
I probably used to know it but I'm getting old. 😂