UW NCAA Tournament

Started by crossface21, March 09, 2016, 05:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

RT the #12 seed. If he wins, he'd probably go against #5 Conway. I like his chances.

vsmf2010

Would have liked him on the bottom away from Brewer and NG.

stp

DiJulius places 7th at B10s and gets the #10 seed, while RT is 3rd at B10s and a #12 seed.

hmmpf
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

vsmf2010

Quote from: stp on March 09, 2016, 06:33:37 PM
DiJulius places 7th at B10s and gets the #10 seed, while RT is 3rd at B10s and a #12 seed.

hmmpf

I think the committee got clever by giving Conaway the 5 and RT the 12. They basically split the seed and will let them sort it out. Very similar to what they did with Brewer last year.

wrastle63

Agree ^^ just surprised he got a 12. Thought that was WAY low. Hopefully he can go 3-0 vs Conway.

Micah

I like RT's draw, I think he can get by Conaway.  Brewer is a big 133 and cuts a ton of weight an early Friday morning match is not the worst thing for RT.  I don't love the fact Garrett is on his side.  

Hayden Zillmer got absolutely screwed with his seed!

gijd

Can't understand the seed for RT myself, I think RT already proved he's worthy of a better seed compared to Conway since he beat him twice in two days. What more does the committee want? Hope RT gets a little chip on his shoulder and pounds every opponent in his path.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Micah on March 09, 2016, 07:33:39 PM
I like RT's draw, I think he can get by Conaway.  Brewer is a big 133 and cuts a ton of weight an early Friday morning match is not the worst thing for RT.  I don't love the fact Garrett is on his side.  

I agree, if you going to get Brewer at less than 100%. Second day early would be the time. Do you remember if they run a round of wrestlebacks first on Friday morning before the quarters? Within a couple of hours of weigh-ins would be ideal.

Micah

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 09, 2016, 07:39:42 PM

I agree, if you going to get Brewer at less than 100%. Second day early would be the time. Do you remember if they run a round of wrestlebacks first on Friday morning before the quarters? Within a couple of hours of weigh-ins would be ideal.

I believe simultaneously, 4 mats run qtrs, 4 mats wrestle backs

hammen

Quote from: Micah on March 09, 2016, 07:41:30 PM
I like RT's draw, I think he can get by Conaway.  Brewer is a big 133 and cuts a ton of weight an early Friday morning match is not the worst thing for RT.  I don't love the fact Garrett is on his side. 

That's correct. Quarters are right away.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: hammen on March 09, 2016, 07:44:09 PM
Quote from: Micah on March 09, 2016, 07:41:30 PM
I like RT's draw, I think he can get by Conaway.  Brewer is a big 133 and cuts a ton of weight an early Friday morning match is not the worst thing for RT.  I don't love the fact Garrett is on his side. 

That's correct. Quarters are right away.

12 seed?  unreal.  u have to beat em all if want to win!!

jaguarwrestler

12 seed is low but it really doesn't matter if you plan on placing top 3 you will have to beat them all sooner or later.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Barou

Quote from: gijd on March 09, 2016, 07:38:02 PM
Can't understand the seed for RT myself, I think RT already proved he's worthy of a better seed compared to Conway since he beat him twice in two days. What more does the committee want? Hope RT gets a little chip on his shoulder and pounds every opponent in his path.

I thought he would be an 8 or 9 seed but 12 isn't unreasonable.  RT's overall body of work for the season wasn't great.  Very different than Brewer's #13 seed last year where he only had one loss and some quality wins.  Seeding RT #12 and having Conaway at #5 seems like a fair compromise for possibly seeding RT too low.  IMO.
JHI Mafia

crossface21

I'd actually be pretty irritated if I were Conway that RT was #12. He just lost to him 2x, he's a returning AA, and if he's healthy(which it looks like he finally is for the first time this year) he's way better than the #12 wrestler at 133.