Taylor Seed

Started by Micah, March 07, 2016, 10:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

Track has him at 9-5, he just beat Conaway twice in the same tournament.  I would think he has to be seeded ahead of Conaway.  Conaway is ranked 5th I think.  How high can Taylor get seeded?  6-8 range?  Hard to imagine guy 9-5 being seeded 6-8 but I think they almost have to or do they do to him what they did to Brewer last year?

Ivan Stankowski

Seeds don't matter, He will finish top3 no matter his seed

Micah

That is positivity I like it!

So where does he get seeded?  I don't want this to be about where he finishes, more about what the seed committee is going to do.

jaguarwrestler

I would like to see him on the top side with Ill. and Iowa on bottom side. I think he can take out Garrett
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Micah

I would prefer to stay away from Garrett.  Don't want any of that, he has freak in him.  Crazy explosive!

vsmf2010

Based on last years seeding of Brewer I would expect a double digit seed. My preference would be that he was on the bottom away from Garrett and hopefully Brewer gets the 4. I think RT could beat either of them but he has beaten most of the other top guys (ZR, CC, JC, EH, etc..) so I think it might be a better path for him. However if Brewer is the 2 or 3 maybe the top would be better. If he takes one more step from the Big Tens and he can wrestle 7 minutes without any mental lapses I really like his chances.  

Micah

Man double digit, so you think they will seed Conaway ahead of him?

Musky Hunter

I totally understand how the regular season is such a big deal just to get the higher seeding.  Last year I went and watched the big tourney and that is brutal.  What those men go through is a mental/physical mess.  That being said you have to beat them all in order to win it all which I know is RT's goal.  That man has his mind in the perfect place to make a serious run I just hope the body holds up.  I just can't see a top seed at all with the limited number of matches this year and the record.  What a loaded division that is.  Can't wait to watch it unfold. 

vsmf2010

Quote from: Micah on March 07, 2016, 01:04:52 PM

Last year Brewer was 17-1, Big 12 champ (4 teams), and avenged his only loss. Looking again, I am not sure that RT will get seeded at all. I would not want to be the guy he gets drawn in against in the first round.

Micah

That would be a brutal draw.

Barou

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 07, 2016, 01:42:02 PM
Quote from: Micah on March 07, 2016, 01:04:52 PM

Last year Brewer was 17-1, Big 12 champ (4 teams), and avenged his only loss. Looking again, I am not sure that RT will get seeded at all. I would not want to be the guy he gets drawn in against in the first round.

They seed the top 16.  There's no way Taylor doesn't get seeded.
JHI Mafia

Micah

Brewer was what a 13 seed?

vsmf2010

Quote from: Micah on March 07, 2016, 01:51:24 PM
Brewer was what a 13 seed?

That is correct. A 17-1 Big 12 champ 13 seed.

Ivan Stankowski

hammen

Thinking 10 or 11, but could see an 8 or 9 seed w/ those two wins over Conaway, who was 3rd in the RPI and 5th in Coach's poll.