Big Ten Brackets - any idea when they will be posted?

Started by kenai77, March 03, 2016, 12:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Nolf is going to smash iMar. Nolf ripped iMar's Superman cape off and stomped on it. IMar hasn't been the same guy since.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Overall impressed with badgers. TJ really surprised me! Horwath did as well beating Nevills. But I was extremely disappointed in Crone and Robertson. Both are two guys I was hoping to see turn it on. Robertson can't score....hard to win.

stp

Crone is close to being one of the ranked guys.  He had a tough draw.  Its B10s, simple as that.

Cody Burcher from tOSU is a bit funky.  imo- If Crone (RS Soph) and Burcher (RS Jr) went at it 10 times, they end up tied at five a piece.  The consi path was not (much) easier than the champion bracket.  If Crone would have won his consi match against Short from Minn, he would have faced (NCAA champ) "t-shirt" next match.....yikes!

e/- Burcher (tOSU) vs Short (Minn) meet up for the 7th place, so neither qualify for nat's.

From Milwaukee to St Paris.

Micah

125 win and he is in,could get a WC with a loss depending on other conferences
133 looking good, match with Clark was all over the place, def wrestled his type of match
141 got a win
149 no WC didn't win enough matches at B10 and didn't look good
157 had a great tournament don't think he can beat Berger good run at the end
165 can he go 3-0 against Bo?
174 qualified but???
184 he can beat Courts!  Courts looked like he didn't want to be there!
197 hard fought
285 nice run as well, doubt he gets a WC, if the B10 gets one it will go to Stoll

I think 4 if JJ comes to wrestle.  5 if Christensen brings it.

stp

Quote from: Micah on March 06, 2016, 06:56:58 AM
125 win and he is in,could get a WC with a loss depending on other conferences
133 looking good, match with Clark was all over the place, def wrestled his type of match
184 he can beat Courts!  Courts looked like he didn't want to be there!
I think 4 if JJ comes to wrestle.  5 if Christensen brings it.

I think JJ is darn near AA material.  Top three have a huge lead over 4-8 125 pounders in the B10.

Copying a quote from themat discussing Clark vs. Taylor, "I came away thinking that Taylor is better between the two. He had two mental lapses that cost him the match."
I yelled pretty loudly "wat da frick.... Taylor?!" during his final oops.  He friggin' shoulda won.  darn it....

Courts always looks disinterested. Except he turned things up nicely last year for B10s and NCAA's.   He was an AA last year, tOSU will really need his points this year if any chance to repeat.  

Micah

I think JJ is a fringe round of 12 guy right now.  He needs to start beating guys like Youtsey to AA. 

stp

This blows my mind.....Geno Morelli (PSU) lost to Bo Jordan by the score of 3-2 twice this season, only wrestling for 7th place today and needs luck to even qualify for nationals.  

Just shows how darn tough the B10 conference is, at some weights.

DocWrestling

Robertson gets revenge today vs. Bakuckas of Rutgers.  Lost to him 2-0 yesterday in 1st round.  Robertson beat him 4-3 in the dual.

Jimenez has McCabe of Rutgers who he defeated 7-4 in final match of that dual to win it.

Taylor has Giraldo of Rutgers and he pinned him in the dual

Ruschell has Berger of Nebraska.  Berger beat him 11-2 in the dual.

Christensen has Courts of OSU.  Courts beat him in sudden victory in the dual.

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Taylor wins 9-5, wrestling for 3rd vs. Conaway of Penn St..  Taylor beat him 10-5 yesterday
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

crossface21

Real good match by JJ.

On another note, had McCabe beaten JJ, Rutgers would have qualified all 10 guys for NCAA's. They'll ONLY have 9 now.

Harris

6 made it to the NCAA's.  Very scrappy performance by the Badgers.  I like to see them battling.  I think it will be something to build upon for next year.

jets152

Is the general consensus that 174 is just too low for Robertson? Something is clearly missing this year
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

wrastle63

Awesome morning of wrestling! Johnny and both Ryans wrestled very well! Ricky is for sure missing something. He has zero offense. Looking forward to Taylor and Jorda .

hammen

Quote from: Harris on March 06, 2016, 01:38:01 PM
6 made it to the NCAA's.  Very scrappy performance by the Badgers.  I like to see them battling.  I think it will be something to build upon for next year.

Only 5. Heavyweight lost a qualifier spot because one of the guys who earned an AQ didn't compete. So that spot goes back into the wild card pool. Hopefully Brock can get one yet.

crossface21

I'll agree that is seems like RR has regressed. Getting 5 to the NCAA's is something pretty positive and definitely something to build on. Really wish Crone had wrestled better this weekend.