WI vs Minny RESULTS

Started by leg turk, February 07, 2016, 12:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

I know it's a down year for MN but they are a good program.  The dual was close and a few guys tend to be trending in the right direction (125, 149, 184).  Not sure what is up with RR, guessing weight issues as this was the second weigh-in of the weekend.

Would have been nice to get this one.

Is Lizak for MN RS?  Or has he been beat out?

jaguarwrestler

love the way Crone is wrestling

I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

MNbadger

Lizak has already wrestled this year.  There is some talk of him redshirting next season.  Polakowski would have wrestled 125 but he is dinged up.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Micah

Quote from: MNbadger on February 07, 2016, 03:16:27 PM
Lizak has already wrestled this year.  There is some talk of him redshirting next season.  Polakowski would have wrestled 125 but he is dinged up.

Thanks thought I saw him in the scuffle and I know they let RS in so was not sure.

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Barou

Quote from: Micah on February 07, 2016, 03:20:36 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on February 07, 2016, 03:16:27 PM

Thanks thought I saw him in the scuffle and I know they let RS in so was not sure.

Lizak is red shirting this year.
JHI Mafia

mnkstr

Short was coming off of a huge victory against Jason Tsirtsis a few days ago.  Great win for Crone this afternoon, congrats to him!  Brad Dolezal (3X State Champ from Marshfield, WI) was wrestling at 165, not Urbach. Brad didn't give up 6 points to the #2/3 ranked Jordan, which help Minnesota in the end. Good hard fought dual.   

Harris

cross-face

I know the coaches are down for not earning the victory in this one, but the Badgers look like a completely different team in the last two matches - fighting till the end, looking to score and figuring out ways to win (e.g. Andrew Crone!). In a season like this one, these matches tell a lot about the team. JJ has looked like a totally different wrestler these past two matches, Andrew Crone has pushed the pace to victory in three straight matches, RT is coming into form, Ryan Christensen continues to battle and came out on top this time for his efforts and Zeke is that ever so important anchor for the team (quietly dominant). These are the positives I take away from this tough loss.

I would also add that JJ deserved an escape plus a take down early on in his match, but was awarded only the takedown. I bring this up because 1) we were screaming it from the stands and 2) it would have earned him the major. The ref obviously saw it differently:). That being said, we would have lost on criteria given Pfarr's tech fall. It was an exciting match and we should be talking about this team in a different light now.    

Ghetto

Quote from: mnkstr on February 07, 2016, 04:57:41 PM
Short was coming off of a huge victory against Jason Tsirtsis a few days ago.  Great win for Crone this afternoon, congrats to him!  Brad Dolezal (3X State Champ from Marshfield, WI) was wrestling at 165, not Urbach. Brad didn't give up 6 points to the #2/3 ranked Jordan, which help Minnesota in the end. Good hard fought dual.   

You beat me to it. Short just beat a national champ. Now Crone knocks him off. Maybe Crone can continue this roll into Big Tens and NCAAs.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imwi

Quote from: cross-face on February 07, 2016, 05:22:29 PM
I know the coaches are down for not earning the victory in this one, but the Badgers look like a completely different team in the last two matches - fighting till the end, looking to score and figuring out ways to win (e.g. Andrew Crone!). In a season like this one, these matches tell a lot about the team. JJ has looked like a totally different wrestler these past two matches, Andrew Crone has pushed the pace to victory in three straight matches, RT is coming into form, Ryan Christensen continues to battle and came out on top this time for his efforts and Zeke is that ever so important anchor for the team (quietly dominant). These are the positives I take away from this tough loss.

I would also add that JJ deserved an escape plus a take down early on in his match, but was awarded only the takedown. I bring this up because 1) we were screaming it from the stands and 2) it would have earned him the major. The ref obviously saw it differently:). That being said, we would have lost on criteria given Pfarr's tech fall. It was an exciting match and we should be talking about this team in a different light now.    

I was convinced the ref had awarded the 1 then the 2 but apparently I was incorrect as no one agreed.

jaguarwrestler

what has happened to Tsirtsis, dude was a champ and now struggles to beat anyone in the top 5.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Micah

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on February 07, 2016, 06:11:43 PM

what has happened to Tsirtsis, dude was a champ and now struggles to beat anyone in the top 5.

Lives and dies by winning 1 pt matches in OT.  Eventually it catches up to you.

billymurphy

Why did Peissig not wrestle? I realize school comes first, but it would have been nice to have him out there.
I do not think he gives up the tech fall.  

fightfightfight

Quote from: billymurphy on February 07, 2016, 07:04:39 PM
Why did Peissig not wrestle? I realize school comes first, but it would have been nice to have him out there.
I do not think he gives up the tech fall.  

Is this once again a failed attempt at humor?  Wow.