Great Weekend for Wisconsin Wrestling

Started by TBrandvold, September 23, 2013, 02:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan

Don't forget #47 Johnny Jimenez 125/133 has also committed.  It would be great to get another guy at 174/184. 

cubfan

Sorry, I was wrong #44.

Three-time state champion Jimenez, only a junior, commits to Wisconsin

April 5, 2013: Johnny Jimenez (Marmion Academy, Ill.), already a three-time state champion, has verbally committed to the University of Wisconsin as part of the Class of 2014. In three seasons of high school wrestling, Jimenez has amassed a record of 112 wins against just seven losses. This past summer, he finished third at the Cadet Nationals in freestyle. Jimenez has placed third and fourth at the Ironman the last two years. Currently he is ranked No. 8 at 120 pounds nationally and No. 44 overall in the Class of 2014.

imnofish

Quote from: cubfan on September 25, 2013, 08:49:28 AM
Sorry, I was wrong #44.

Three-time state champion Jimenez, only a junior, commits to Wisconsin

April 5, 2013: Johnny Jimenez (Marmion Academy, Ill.), already a three-time state champion, has verbally committed to the University of Wisconsin as part of the Class of 2014. In three seasons of high school wrestling, Jimenez has amassed a record of 112 wins against just seven losses. This past summer, he finished third at the Cadet Nationals in freestyle. Jimenez has placed third and fourth at the Ironman the last two years. Currently he is ranked No. 8 at 120 pounds nationally and No. 44 overall in the Class of 2014.

I've seen him in action and he is a beast!  The Badgers are picking up several wrestlers with great college potential.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

jaguarwrestler

Quote from: dad 2 5 on September 24, 2013, 04:50:00 PM
I like the two singings so far. It would be great to see a top 50 kid come in now.

I believe JS is top 50 regardless of rankings
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: jaguarwrestler on September 25, 2013, 09:04:46 AM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on September 24, 2013, 04:50:00 PM
I like the two singings so far. It would be great to see a top 50 kid come in now.

I believe JS is top 50 regardless of rankings

State Champ as a Junior
2nd to Lubeck as a Sophomore in State Finals (lost in OT and Lubeck was considered a Top 100 recruit I believe)
4-2 at Fargo last summer, his only losses to the guys that finished 1 and 2 in his pool.

Rank him wherever you want - he's a quality recruit !!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

billymurphy

His out of state track record does not exactly read like a Dieringer or a Thielke, but I believe Scharenbrock is the top senior recruit in Wisconsin this season and very happy to have him as I too believe his potential is solid.  Lantz has greatly struggled with out of state competition as his takedowns/takedown defense needs some work but thoroughly dominates Wisconsin and is a hammer on top.  More of the Jake Donar type talent who was extremely fun to watch wrestle.  Graff will be out of the room when Lantz comes in but Lantz sure would benefit from Tyler Graff if he stuck around to coach (after his yet to come national championship).

Junior-145 - Jared Scharenbrock's place is unknown.
Match #1 Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) over Brock Wingbermehle (Missouri) TF 10-0
Match #2 Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) over James Simpson (Tennessee) TF 14-3
Match #3 Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) over Tagen Lambotte (Kansas) TF 10-0
Match #4 Nosomy Pozo (Florida) over Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) Dec 14-7
Match #5 Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) over Matt Mirth (Pennsylvania) ID
Match #6 Blayne Briceno (California) over Jared Scharenbrock (Wisconsin) Fall 2:36

Gutwrench

Appreciate your comments WW Fan and Billy, both about Scharenbrock and Lantz.  Especially reminding us the Soph. state loss to Lubeck, who we know is a very solid college wrestler.  These two might not be on the top 100 list, but it looks like they have the potential to be solid wrestlers for UW.

Go Badgers!!

SP_Coach

Another positive thing about Scharenbrock is he is a pinner, very tough on top. He does need to work on his feet though but that will come. Hard worker, smart wrestler, and respectful. Nice to keep top kids in the state and wrestling for the Badgers.

jaguarwrestler

I agree JS could use some work on the feet and that will come in a D1 room, he is a hammer on top and puts people on their back.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

dad 2 5

I agree that JS will be a big hit with the flying W! Looking forward to seeing all three.