Great Weekend for Wisconsin Wrestling

Started by TBrandvold, September 23, 2013, 02:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBrandvold

This past weekend was a great weekend for Wisconsin Wrestling... We got two commitments for the 2013-14 class and had a couple other studs on campus who may be great additions for the Badger family soon.

Jesse made us all proud overseas and the current team has been working hard and getting better everyday.

Coach Ruschell leaves for Russia today for a two week trip.  He will train with the Russian national team for a week and then wrestle in a tournament in Yakustk (spelling?)

This is the last week to sign up for our Fall Clinic that will run for 6 weeks starting this Sunday.  You can register for the camp online at uwbadgers.com

Have a great day!

npope

I know Lantz is one of the guys who committed, but who is the other?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Trevor probably cannot say who committed yet !!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

mlantz

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on September 23, 2013, 02:51:27 PM
Trevor probably cannot say who committed yet !!
I think the recruit or family has to report first.

aarons23

I don't think coaches and universities can say anything until after national inning day and a letter of intent is signed.  Not sure when that is.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

mkm13

imnofish

Awesome!  I was hoping J.S. would become a Badger.   8)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

jaguarwrestler

that would be awesome if JS is going to the UW, that kid is a beast... and from Sun Prairie :)
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

bkraus

Quote from: aarons23 on September 23, 2013, 06:32:07 PM
I don't think coaches and universities can say anything until after national inning day and a letter of intent is signed.  Not sure when that is.

National signing day is Feb 1 I believe.  And yes, the coaches can not comment until a NLI has been signed.  The kids, HS coaches and parents can talk all they want.
Strive for Perfection

hammen

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Scharenbrock is a tremendous pickup.  I see they project him as 157-165.  I think he could be even bigger.

Not sure why he is not ranked in the Top 100 - he has the potential to be a great college wrestler !!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

leg turk

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on September 24, 2013, 10:16:43 AM
Scharenbrock is a tremendous pickup.  I see they project him as 157-165.  I think he could be even bigger.

Not sure why he is not ranked in the Top 100 - he has the potential to be a great college wrestler !!

Probably because he has not placed at National events like Fargo...  Not sure, but that could be part of it anyway.

imnofish

At any rate, the kid is a tremendous folkstyle talent, with great college potential.  Sometimes ratings are overrated.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

SP_Coach

Quote from: imnofish on September 24, 2013, 11:25:46 AM
At any rate, the kid is a tremendous folkstyle talent, with great college potential.  Sometimes ratings are overrated.
+1 I think he will be a good college wrestler. Same body type as coach Ruschell, I think working with him will help allot. Things are definitely looking brighter for the UW squad.

dad 2 5

I like the two signings so far. It would be great to see a top 50 kid come in now.