1st Week of School

Started by TBrandvold, September 05, 2013, 08:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBrandvold

I hope everyone had a great labor day weekend! We are in the 1st week of school here in Madison and are going through the typical preseason meetings and paperwork.  It is great to have all the returning guys back on campus along with a good group of Freshman.  Andrew Crone, Gabe Grahek, Justin Weber, Austin Moe, Seth Liegel, Jake Stilliing, Eric Peissig, Ricky Robertson, and transfer Jarod Donar are all on campus and starting classes.  I've said it before, but they are such a good group of guys... should be easy to root for this season!

A highlight of the last couple weeks has been having Ellis Coleman and Jesse Thielke training here in Madison.  US Greco Coach Ahad Javansalehi from Iran put Jesse and Ellis through some great workouts.  Kalvin York and Rylan Lubeck were here to work out with them and help with the training.  It marked the start of regaining Madison as a frequent place of training for World Level wrestlers.  Due to the great turnout at the Kalscheur Steak Fry, some amazing donations from individuals, and with Mitch Hull's commitment to coming back to UW and running the BWC we will have the resources to bring people like Ellis and Ahad into town.  It's so great for guys on our team to walk into the room and watch how a Coach from Iran runs a workout and how high level wrestlers train. 

We have a couple big recruiting visit weekends this fall... the 1st coming up this weekend.  With the staff we have in place, the guys we have on our team, and home Badger Football games it will be exciting to get commitments from our targeted recruits. 

Thanks to all for your support of the program.  It's going to be a great year.  I will keep you updated the best I can and hopefully be able to give you an inside view into things (without breaking NCAA rules)
Open Mats start soon... Packers start Sunday- It's a great time of year!

onward and upward
Trevor     

hammen

Thanks for the update Trevor. The way you guys are supportive of Jesse and his world-level greco aspirations is great stuff. I can't imagine how awesome it was watching those workouts.

bkraus

That's great!  I can't wait to see you guys in action this year.  It is very exciting!
Strive for Perfection

BOURNE

Great update Trevor! Keep 'em coming. Looking forward to the season.

Todd

I can't wait to see all those guys in Badger Red, the returning guys and how well Jesse and the team will do.

Optimism abound!
"This page intentionally left blank".

imnofish

I am glad to hear that Jared Sharenbrock is visiting.  Hope there is a place for him in your program.  It would be great to see him compete for his home state.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bkraus

Anyone heard of the date yet for the Intersquad Dual?
Strive for Perfection

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

dad 2 5

Great to hear! This is a season to look forward to and to build on from here.

BuckyMatt

Gonna be a fun season!  Can't wait!!!

Go Badgers, Onward and Upward!

Bones

Did anyone at the game notice any of the recruits?  Just wondering who was in this weekend.