Ricky Robertson at Greco Duals

Started by cubfan, June 28, 2013, 08:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cubfan

dad 2 5

well spoken and good humble leadership! Excellent to look forward to him being in a Badger singlet!

Harris

Agree with everything written above.

Konquest

RR is a winner from winning teams: he wrestled at Mt Carmel and then Sandburg, which are two national powerhouse HS teams (MtC was legendary in the 90's, but still respectable today), Fargo proven, and part of the unprecedented dual team run of IL teams in the international styles.  Badgers are wise to recruit these types of kids, especially those to our immediate south.  Jimenez was a huge get as well.  If I were Barry Davis, I'd have Mark Hahn, Israel Martinez, Eric Siebert, and ESPECIALLY Mike Powell on speed dial...

hammen

I hope none of our coaches have Izzy on speed dial.

takdwn2

What's wrong with Izzy???
Seems like a great program.

buc65

Quote from: takdwn2 on July 13, 2013, 12:01:20 AM
What's wrong with Izzy???
Seems like a great program.

Drew may be referring to Izzy getting kicked off his HS team (Aurora West) as a senior for "violating team policies" preventing him from being a 4-time state champion.  Montini is a great program that was partially built by Jose Martinez's kids club (Fox Valley Elite) having a pipeline to Montini since the late 90's and Izzy has definitely continued that as their head coach the past few seasons.

cubfan

bigoil

So we don't want to recruit them?

hammen

We can recruit them, just not have a relationship with him that would consist on having him on speed dial. Most coaches and wrestlers in the west suburbs of Chicago have the same view. I've been told enough stories and seen him out at night enough to make that judgment.

Konquest

All I meant by that "speed dial" comment was that the top IL teams (Glenbard North, Sandberg, Montini, Marmion, OPRF) are churning out some battle-tested studs and that the Badgers are in a great position to reap the benefits, both geographically and word of mouth, now that Jimenez and Robertson are part of the family...