Jackson Hein

Started by badgerjohn, June 20, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerjohn

"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

Gutwrench

This is interesting.  Projected lineup.......

125 - Taylor
133 - Graff
141 - Thielke
149 - York or Lubeck or Ruschell
157 - Jordan
165 - Cousins
174 - Scott Liegel
184 - Hein
197 - McCall
285 - Medbery

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Hopefully, Jackson and Kalvin can cut the weight effectively.  This could make for a pretty solid lineup !!

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

jaguarwrestler

personally I think York should move up to 165 and bulk up, obviously he knows who he can beat but I like Lubeck in a wrestle-off
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

billymurphy

I am going to predict either Ruschell or Lubeck win the wrestle off at 149 lbs.  York flat out needs to protect his legs better as he gives up too many easy takedowns. Ruschell I assume is the slight favorite.

That projected lineup is vastly better than it has been the last two years.

Gutwrench

Quote from: Gutwrench on June 20, 2013, 08:52:24 AM
This is interesting.  Projected lineup.......

125 - Taylor
133 - Graff
141 - Thielke
149 - York or Lubeck or Ruschell
157 - Jordan
165 - Cousins
174 - Scott Liegel
184 - Hein
197 - McCall
285 - Medbery

The B1G is a meat grinder, but you can see the potential for upper half conference finishes from the majority of these weights.  It should be an exciting year!!

TBrandvold

Thanks Badger John for letting the cat out of the bag! Ha

Yes Jackson has made the decision to compete at 184 for next season.  He is setting himself up for a great SR. season.

badgerjohn

Quote from: TBrandvold on June 20, 2013, 12:23:10 PM
Thanks Badger John for letting the cat out of the bag! Ha

Yes Jackson has made the decision to compete at 184 for next season.  He is setting himself up for a great SR. season.

;D It's more fun to beat the enemy straight up no secrets  ;D
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

jaguarwrestler

either way I like the looks of that lineup, fairly strong top to bottom... been some time since we could say that.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

dad 2 5

lets not forget Robinson, Dylan pushing at 184, 97 and Cole T at hwy. When I talked to Coach Davis last week he seemed pretty excited for the direction the team is headed. Now to get on a roll and be healthy for the season.   

mkm13

Hein moving down certainly helps balance out the roster and get the best wrestlers in the lineup.  Hopefully his drop goes well.  Our lineup looks very good.  If everyone can stay healthy, IMO we have a very good chance of being a top 10 team. We will have 4 guys that have a shot at being an all american and 9 wrestlers who will likely qualify (without injury).   

We will also finally have depth as well.  Kelliher, Iczkowski, Koethe, Tobin, Robinson (but likely redshirting), and whoever doesn't make the lineup at 149 between York, Ruschell, and Lubeck all should be able to step into the lineup with an injury and compete well.  The only weights we wouldn't have a solid replacement are 125 and 174.  Pretty incredible turnaround from 2 years ago. 

wrestler133

I hope Hein's sr. season goes much like Max Askren's sr. season went when he dropped to 184 for the last year....

TLV

Quote from: wrestler133 on June 24, 2013, 12:18:43 PM
I hope Hein's sr. season goes much like Max Askren's sr. season went when he dropped to 184 for the last year....

Well put. Hope so as well.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

dad 2 5