Any Truth?

Started by Hyde, June 09, 2013, 08:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I was thinking the same thing.  Let these kids live their dreams.  The satisfaction of success after someone says you cannot achieve something is quite high.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrestle03

TechFall119:
How many All-American honors and National Championships did you win in college?  Please fill all of us in.  Thanks.

Todd

If he wants to come to WI and see what he can do for his home state, great.  Let the wrestle offs sort things out.
"This page intentionally left blank".

bigG

Quote from: Todd on June 14, 2013, 10:47:44 AM
If he wants to come to WI and see what he can do for his home state, great.  Let the wrestle offs sort things out.

I've coached a number of sports; but the beauty of coaching wrestling is exactly that. Blah, blah, blah all ya want. After the hands are shook and the whistle sounds we'll see who the tough guy is. Conjecture is fun; but the wrestle tells you who starts and who sits.

I say we welcome this young man with open arms. Hope he comes back to da crib.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Chedd

Not much of a risk in saying a kid won't be a national champ or all-american. Most don't. Bold prediction.

stp

Quote from: Chedd on June 16, 2013, 03:17:12 PM
Not much of a risk in saying a kid won't be a national champ or all-american. Most don't. Bold prediction.

Is it bold to say Zeke Jordan is a multi AA and Ryan Taylor earns one AA status? 

I'm a homer tho'...
From Milwaukee to St Paris.

wrestle03

coconut joe its nice to see you back on here after being briefly banned.....again.

bigG

Five on one (coconut.) ;)

You can't even have an opinion and you gotta pull out the resume.

This would make our team better, IMO. That's all I'm thinking.

wrestle03

coconut joe, I need to apologize.  I mistakenly got you mixed up with someone else on this forum.  My bad.
Another body in the room to roll around with isn't a bad thing.  Whether or not he'll be a starter is another story in itself.  Lots of competition at that weight.

leg turk

Quote from: wrestle03 on June 18, 2013, 03:23:13 PM
coconut joe, I need to apologize.  I mistakenly got you mixed up with someone else on this forum.  My bad.
Another body in the room to roll around with isn't a bad thing.  Whether or not he'll be a starter is another story in itself.  Lots of competition at that weight.

well, now we all want to know who got banned then?   ;)

bigG

Quote from: coconut joe on June 18, 2013, 02:21:47 PM
Quote from: bigG on June 18, 2013, 12:50:16 PM

more meat for the grinder is always better.

A little fat's good , too. Burgers don't cook right without some fat.

bigG

Quote from: coconut joe on June 18, 2013, 04:01:57 PM
Quote from: bigG on June 18, 2013, 03:54:46 PM
Quote from: coconut joe on June 18, 2013, 02:21:47 PM
Quote from: bigG on June 18, 2013, 12:50:16 PM
more meat for the grinder is always better.
A little fat's good , too. Burgers don't cook right without some fat.
Here's a tip:  I've been adding fresh rosemary to my burgers.  It's pretty flipping good.

You should get the boot for not posting this under "culinary."

npope

Quote from: leg turk on June 18, 2013, 03:25:25 PM

I suspect the poster was thinking of ROCKY; he was given a few days furlough by Tom at one point this past winter. He and Coco had been having an ongoing sissy-slap fight for a bit and I suspect ROCKY just went a bit too far...even for him.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Todd

Quote from: npope on June 20, 2013, 02:06:14 PM
Quote from: leg turk on June 18, 2013, 03:25:25 PM

I suspect the poster was thinking of ROCKY; he was given a few days furlough by Tom at one point this past winter. He and Coco had been having an ongoing sissy-slap fight for a bit and I suspect ROCKY just went a bit too far...even for him.

Speaking of which Rocky and Scourge have been very quiet lately.  Did they take each other out?
"This page intentionally left blank".

npope

Quote from: Todd on June 20, 2013, 04:48:56 PM

Speaking of which Rocky and Scourge have been very quiet lately.  Did they take each other out?

Is it possible that we are dealing with a split personality and he is merely on vacation?  ;)
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope