Stratford to have Open House on Fanetti Wrestling Center Addition

Started by foose4, October 17, 2013, 03:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foose4

School wrestling has been a strong tradition in the Village of Stratford since 1963,
with more than 100 active wrestlers participating in recent years, many of them state champs and qualifiers.
So when issues of overcrowded practices on the stage and in the cafeteria arose, the community stepped up to solve the problem.

The result of those efforts is a new 6,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art Fanetti Wrestling Center at Stratford High School.
In just six months, residents raised the money AND constructed the facility. In fact, 95 percent of the funds needed for the Center came through community efforts.

The Center is named for the late Don Fanetti, whose wife, Marilyn, donated half the cost of the building. Residents raised the other half, and also provided much of the labor to build and finish it.

So now it
"Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is."
Zig Ziglar

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

catzfan

A great job by your community. It is an awesome facility! Be proud.

bkraus

Are there any pictures anywhere?  I would love to see this!  Can we get Shane to do a piece on it?
Strive for Perfection

foose4

Quote from: bkraus on October 18, 2013, 08:25:11 AM
Are there any pictures anywhere?  I would love to see this!  Can we get Shane to do a piece on it?

They are installing wall padding today and record boards, etc this week.

I have sent Shane a couple messages but have not heard back from him.

Please see exterior picture below

Zig Ziglar

bkraus

Thanks!  That is awesome.  I am looking forward to seeing inside pictures of it.  I am very happy to see a school dedicate that much space just for wrestling.  I hope it doesn't slowly become gymnastics, cheer, dance, forensics, lunchroom, etc space.
Strive for Perfection

ElectricGuy

Building quite a little powerhouse!
Great story - Impressive
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Houndhead

Quote from: ElectricGuy on October 18, 2013, 11:42:46 AM
Building quite a little powerhouse!
Great story - Impressive

I think you are going to see some great teams in Stratford in the near future. What an outstanding job by the community. Great to see!!!

bkraus

And that sign makes it look like a great Italian restaurant.  ;)
Strive for Perfection

Tonto

Looks Awesome... great job, great for the community and the sport.

bigoil

padre

I am not from Stratford but my club competes against them from week to week.  From all the parents that I know they are hugely passionate for the sport and have been lucky enough to further this great future of wrestling.  I anticipate that they will win some team championships in the future!!!!

foose4

Looking forward to our Open House tomorrow from 3-5pm.  Finishing touches being put up today/tonight.  Will post pictures of interior after Open House.

Thanks again to all of our wonderful supporters.  Without them this dream would never have became reality.
Zig Ziglar

foose4

Thank you to all the individuals that came out today for our open house. Very proud of what we have accomplished as a group in Stratford. Thanks to Shane Sparks for coming over and helping us celebrate our hard work and commitment to the future of Stratford Wrestling.
Zig Ziglar

bkraus

Just watched the video on BSW, very impressive facility!  I am extremely jealous of what you guys have there.  Best of luck to Stratford Wresting in the future!
Strive for Perfection