Minnesota vs Wisconsin 10AM Friday BTN Plus

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, February 11, 2021, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

Funny.....I was thinking the same thing........
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2021, 06:09:54 PM
Quote from: MNbadger on February 15, 2021, 05:28:59 PM
You are misquoting me.  Someone said Wick and Amos would produce a twenty point swing.  No way in my opinion.
Wick +6 or 7?!? Slightly possible
Slightly possible that 3x All American and a guy who is qualified for Senior Nationals beats a true freshman? LOL at your wrestling knowledge
Amos +6? He has not wrestled yet
The guy who is 10-19 since his redshirt season is beating Braxton Amos who was a top 5 recruit in the entire nation and has already
Weiler +6 nope(ifBono thought that he'd have put him out there and I assume he knows more than we do)
Weiler beat him last year 9-3 lol
The more I think about it, the more sure I am that Gable pins Hilger in the dual(considering what Hilger has shown this year)
With them in, yes a closer match.  I never said otherwise.  But to think that ALL of your individual predictions happen on the same night in the same dual.....well...... incredibly unlikely.
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 15, 2021, 03:16:33 PM
Quote from: dman on February 15, 2021, 03:05:12 PM
Quote from: Numbers on February 15, 2021, 02:32:45 PM
My point was IF Wick and Amos were on the roster that Bono would have put other wrestlers on the mat at 184 and Hwt as well.

Wick +6 (or 7) points
Amos +6 points
184 Weiler possible + 6 points
Hwt Hilger + 1 or 2 points

MN probably a slight favorite but Badgers are right there with MN.

But the Badger's didn't put those guys out there so you are forbidden to bring them up!  ;)
Plus according to MNBadger Sparks would beat 3x All American Evan Wick anyways... even though he barely beat Josh Otto. Also Webster only beat Tyler Dow 5-1 and Dow is closer to a 165 than a 184, but yet he will beat a top 10 ranked Chris Weiler who beat him 9-3 last season. I would trust that opinion over any!  ::)
No I don't assume Barnett majors McKee everytime because I actually understand wrestling and that things change. Barnett easily could have got a tech as well. But I'm done. This is like trying to explain something to a 2 year old.... that might be offensive to the 2 year old though.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

dman

And there it is confirmed by two more statements that I can't wrap my head around.

Weiler +6 nope

No reason to even have a civilized debate any longer...

MNbadger

So you believe that Wick and Weiler will earn falls but doubt that Steveson pins Hilger....I can't wrap my head around that.  The bottom line is that both teams put out their best line ups(assuming they were trying to win the dual).  The Gophers won.....again. The Gophers would be tougher if they still had Luke Becker and Jared Lawrence in their line up too!
Quote from: dman on February 16, 2021, 08:03:18 AM
And there it is confirmed by two more statements that I can't wrap my head around.

Weiler +6 nope

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on February 16, 2021, 08:14:45 AM
So you believe that Wick and Weiler will earn falls but doubt that Steveson pins Hilger....I can't wrap my head around that. The bottom line is that both teams put out their best line ups(assuming they were trying to win the dual).  The Gophers won.....again. The Gophers would be tougher if they still had Luke Becker and Jared Lawrence in their line up too!

Weiler +6 nope

Not a single person said they would get a pin. But we do understand that you can't wrap your head around simple math....

Let me break it down for you so maybe you can understand and not sound so childish. Minnesota won at 165, but Wick would win comfortably against Sparks and get a decision at least or a major that is a +6 swing at least for the Badgers. Minnesota won at 184, but Weiler beat Webster 9-3 last year so that would favor a +6 swing to the Badgers.

MNbadger

Let's assume Weiler and Amos both get falls(NO chance Weiler pins Webster but just for argument's sake let's say it's so).  This makes it 21-19 Gophers.  I agree that it would be close but they can't score more than 6.
The Badgers won 2 of 10 bouts, 4 of 10 rarely wins a dual.
The "what if" game is endless.....What if Brayton Lee hadn't been a bit off, he would have won by more.  Sparks looked off his game as well(that is our perspective on this end).  And while I am not a huge fan, McKee was sub-par too. 
See how this works?

MNbadger

You are the one who is struggling with math.  You just gave the Badgers two six point swings.  Add them up, that is 12 points, not twenty.
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 16, 2021, 08:31:26 AM
So you believe that Wick and Weiler will earn falls but doubt that Steveson pins Hilger....I can't wrap my head around that. The bottom line is that both teams put out their best line ups(assuming they were trying to win the dual).  The Gophers won.....again. The Gophers would be tougher if they still had Luke Becker and Jared Lawrence in their line up too!

Weiler +6 nope

Not a single person said they would get a pin. But we do understand that you can't wrap your head around simple math....

Let me break it down for you so maybe you can understand and not sound so childish. Minnesota won at 165, but Wick would win comfortable against Sparks and get a decision or a major that is a +6 swing at least for the Badgers. Minnesota won at 184, but Weiler beat Webster 9-3 last year so that would favor a +6 swing to the Badgers.

wrastle63

Quote from: MNbadger on February 16, 2021, 08:36:50 AM
You are the one who is struggling with math.  You just gave the Badgers two six point swings.  Add them up, that is 12 points, not twenty.

Weiler +6 nope

Let me break it down for you so maybe you can understand and not sound so childish. Minnesota won at 165, but Wick would win comfortable against Sparks and get a decision or a major that is a +6 swing at least for the Badgers. Minnesota won at 184, but Weiler beat Webster 9-3 last year so that would favor a +6 swing to the Badgers.
LOL I feel sorry for you.....

165 Wick comfortably wins with possible bonus +6
184 Weiler favored to win +6
197 Amos +6
285 Hillger would save the Badgers at least 2 points as he doesn't get turned easily and hasn't against Gable. He loses based on takedowns. So +2

6+6+6+2 is 20 points. WOW Math is fun! Again this was a hypothetical that Numbers brought up. The Gophers won fair and square, but if the Badgers had their full/best lineup it would be a very very close dual and in my opinion the Badgers would have won by 1 because of Wick. I was right to apologize to 2 year olds, because they could understand that..... unlike you.

MNbadger

ALL supposition on your part.  I guess they should have wrestled Hilger and Weiler....... but they didn't.  One minute you count two wrestlers that didn't wrestle, then you are talking about four wrestlers.  Regardless, if Bono thought that Weiler and Hilger would win, he's have put them out there.  He conceded the losses, something you are not willing to do.  Likely you should be the coach. 
Quote from: wrastle63 on February 16, 2021, 08:46:37 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on February 16, 2021, 08:36:50 AM

Weiler +6 nope

LOL I feel sorry for you.....

165 Wick comfortably wins with possible bonus +6
184 Weiler favored to win +6
197 Amos +6
285 Hillger would save the Badgers at least 2 points as he doesn't get turned easily and hasn't against Gable. He loses based on takedowns. So +2

6+6+6+2 is 20 points. WOW Math is fun! Again this was a hypothetical that Numbers brought up. The Gophers won fair and square, but if the Badgers had their full/best lineup it would be a very very close dual and in my opinion the Badgers would have won by 1 because of Wick. I was right to apologize to 2 year olds, because they could understand that..... unlike you.

MNbadger

The bottom line is this; you can SPECULATE all you want.  The proof is in the pudding.  Excuses are like belly buttons, everyone has them.  I criticize the Gophers when they lose to Iowa or anyone else.  They have to recruit better, period.
As I said before, I think( most MN fans online have said the same) if the Gophers wrestled better, they would have beaten the Badgers by more.  Beforehand, this match could have been a shutout by the Gophers if everything fell their way.  The truth is, rarely in DI wrestling does everything fall the right way(this is my point when you speculate about the Badger lineup and count the best case scenario for WI).  The thing is THEY DIDN'T!(referring to the Gophers wrestling better)  I WISH they would have, HOPED they would have, but they did not.
Enough of this for me.   You can imagine every scenario you want, picking and choosing wrestlers who did not/could not? wrestle.
Good luck.

Numbers

Well these teams will tangle again next year.  I expect it will be highly competitive because the programs are not worlds apart.

And if Gable is still on the Gophers next year they may even win the dual.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Numbers on February 16, 2021, 10:32:51 AM

And if Gable is still on the Gophers next year they may even win the dual.

Based on his tweets. GS is heading to the WWE right after the Olympics so his final folk style matches will be in a few short weeks.

On a side note MN sure has a knack at recruiting and developing HWT's. 

dman

Weiler +6 nope

Let me break it down for you so maybe you can understand and not sound so childish. Minnesota won at 165, but Wick would win comfortably against Sparks and get a decision at least or a major that is a +6 swing at least for the Badgers. Minnesota won at 184, but Weiler beat Webster 9-3 last year so that would favor a +6 swing to the Badgers.

I know he will never admit it but he clearly didn't understand how a +6 point SWING works.  He continually thought you were saying they would get pins.  LOL  And then turned around and tried to play it off like he knew and then tried turn it about number of wrestlers who did or didn't wrestler in a hypothetical discussion around how far away are the Badgers truly from MN.  Very entertaining.  He still never addressed his crazy comments about Starks beating Wick, or Weiler never having a chance to win...oh well.

MNbadger

You are lying or being obtuse.  I understood completely   I do not know who "Starks" is......
At one point one of you claimed the Badgers would win with Weiler and Amos wrestling, claiming they would result in a 20 point swing.
I pointed out the max they could have changed it as 12 points(best case scenario).  I never said Sparks would win, just that the possibility was there for an upset you fellows portrayed the Badgers as assuredly winning every possible matchup..
Quote from: dman on February 16, 2021, 02:00:27 PM

Weiler +6 nope

I know he will never admit it but he clearly didn't understand how a +6 point SWING works.  He continually thought you were saying they would get pins.  LOL  And then turned around and tried to play it off like he knew and then tried turn it about number of wrestlers who did or didn't wrestler in a hypothetical discussion around how far away are the Badgers truly from MN.  Very entertaining.  He still never addressed his crazy comments about Starks beating Wick, or Weiler never having a chance to win...oh well.

dman

Quote from: MNbadger on February 16, 2021, 02:29:51 PM
You are lying or being obtuse.  I understood completely   I do not know who "Starks" is......
At one point one of you claimed the Badgers would win with Weiler and Amos wrestling, claiming they would result in a 20 point swing.
I pointed out the max they could have changed it as 12 points(best case scenario).  I never said Sparks would win, just that the possibility was there for an upset you fellows portrayed the Badgers as assuredly winning every possible matchup..
Quote from: dman on February 16, 2021, 02:00:27 PM

Weiler +6 nope

Okay...you convinced us...now you have to convince yourself that you knew all along how +6 point swing works.  Or that you said Starks would upset Wick.  Or that Weiler didn't have a chance.  Your words speak for themselves.  And I have yet seen where anyone said that UW WOULD win; however, comments were made that the Rodents aren't as far ahead of the Badgers as you think, and followed it up using data and hypotheticals with the wrestlers that are currently part of the Badger's program.  That set you off for some reason and you tried to discount someone ever claiming there COULD be a +20 point swing IF the Badgers wrestled to the best of their ability with the guys who are in the program but not wrestling right now for whatever reason.  Or am I being obtuse??

MNbadger

Yes, you are being obtuse.  I stated that in my earlier post.