Trackwrestling profiles that aren't linked in brackets

Started by talktolee, February 21, 2022, 09:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talktolee

Does anyone know the reason why some brackets have wrestlers who don't hyperlink to a track profile?  It happens in a lot of tournaments I know that but for HS I would think they would be linked and just browsing some of the state brackets there are a lot that aren't linked.  I have also found some kids that aren't even linked to their HS team from their individual track profile.

Is that on the school / team end not having them linked correctly?

I am more curious than anything as I have never found a good explanation.

TIA

bud

Great Question. It's really handy to research a wrestler on track. I can only assume it's an individual choice to have it blocked or not?
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

shouldvewrestled

If really want to check a wrestlers profile can go to their team and click on the wrestler you want. Then it will allow you to check their track profile from there. It's just not always linked on the bracket.

talktolee

Quote from: shouldvewrestled on February 21, 2022, 11:19:15 AM
If really want to check a wrestlers profile can go to their team and click on the wrestler you want. Then it will allow you to check their track profile from there. It's just not always linked on the bracket.

Yep I know you can go through the 'Browse" --> seasons --> WIAA and search on the team to see the rosters and schedule I was just curious for the most part...as it isn't 'THAT' common it comes up.  I know in youth wrestling years track profiles would always get screwed up with people creating multiple profiles for their kids or parents just didn't know any better.

With that said, It just strikes me as odd that a kid who is part of a HS wrestling program doesn't either get their youth profile linked to their team or have a new one created for them by default.

There are a lot of quirks with trackwrestling in those regards IMO.

talktolee

Quote from: bud on February 21, 2022, 11:08:53 AM
Great Question. It's really handy to research a wrestler on track. I can only assume it's an individual choice to have it blocked or not?

I have seen it and also done it for our youth tournament where you have a kid that gets manually entered and eventually trackwrestling (possibly on the back end) figures it out and reconciles the previously not linked account to an actual profile...

Also I know there is a way you can manually associate a tournament on your own that somehow doesn't show up.  I don't think you can 'block' a profile on trackwrestling...maybe if you actually contacted trackwrestling support that is an option but why someone would want to do that is anyone's guess.

LeftyHeadlock27

This problem happened at sectionals too and the profiles were linked up when it got closer to the tournament

1Iota

There is a wrestler in the D-1 106 bracket that has his Sisters profile linked to his name in the bracket.   :)