152 Ingham, Wasley, Murphy
160 Simes, Rothbaur, Sedivy
170 Wassley, Alby, Meister
182 Smith, Webber, Cook
195 Ramburg, Hopke, Grew Could be 123 next weekend
220 Hopke,Peirce, Lockington
285 Hoffman, Beisse, Vaalor

Kwishoff

I think Anderson from Amery could sneak in.  He has wrestled Hush pretty close this year.

FinalWord

" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

bud

D-2 #195. Those are 3 studs coming out of the same Sectional and could possibly be seeded 1,2,3. However there's a tough Sophomore from Two-Rivers that i think will stop them from finishing 1,2,3 at State!!!
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

littleguy301

Quote from: bud on February 15, 2022, 10:18:50 AM
D-2 #195. Those are 3 studs coming out of the same Sectional and could possibly be seeded 1,2,3. However there's a tough Sophomore from Two-Rivers that i think will stop them from finishing 1,2,3 at State!!!

Depends on how it plays out that stud from two rivers could be seeded 2 or 3. Just depends on how the seeding really works and if all information is entered correct.

Going to be a crap shoot how everything plays out in this seeding mess. First year doing it always has some bugs.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Redeemer

Agree. Matthias beating Hopke adds an intriguing scenario to the seeding process.. . I am not sure if Hopke was ill that day, but Matthias and Kilgas are legit contenders either way. The top 5 are close. Kilgas is 2-1 vs Matthias in their 3 matches so far.

bud

To take it a step further Matthias has had the most convincing win over Kilgas as well as the most recent. Something to be said for that. A younger wrestler improving as the season goes forward, how would track consider this in the seeding process?

ChargerDad

Quote from: bud on February 16, 2022, 12:06:29 PM
To take it a step further Matthias has had the most convincing win over Kilgas as well as the most recent. Something to be said for that. A younger wrestler improving as the season goes forward, how would track consider this in the seeding process?

It's not a factor at all, results for the whole season have equal weight and the seeding is automated on track.

But to date, Kilgas has 2 head to head wins over Matthias.  Kilgas's only other loss is to a wrestler who hasn't wrestled anybody else in that bracket.

Matthias lost to Kilgas twice, Whiting, and Cole Mirasola.  Only losses there that factor I believe is Kilgas.

Ramberg's only loss that matters here is to Grewe

Hopke's losses to Ramberg (twice) and Matthias

Grewe Lost twice to Hopke

Obviously the sectionals may clear this up, or confuse it even more.  How does all that shake down in the seeding criteria?    From Sectional C, is that all a push seeding wise since there is no way to give any wrestler an advantage?  or am I interpreting these criteria all wrong??

With this criteria how does it shake out, for now ignoring Sectional results??  Who's sitting in the 1 seed now?? is it Kilgas with a 2-1 record against Matthias, then Matthias with a head to head win over Hopke, then Hopke as the returning state champ as all the head to head and common opponent criteria end up being a push among the 3 from the Amery sectional? 

If that's the case, would a Kilgas loss to Matthias push him all the way down to 5+ as he'd have no criteria until winning percentage?  Would a Ramberg win over Grewe in the finals if it went down that way give him the 1 seed?  No matter happens with seeding, that's going to be a crazy bracket if all 5 of them make it to Madison.

bud

ChargerDad, Agree D-2 #195 will be a crazy good bracket, and very interesting how the seeding shakes out. All the top 5 have a legit shot at the title. When i look at the overall big picture not a surprise #195 is stacked as you have Whiting @#182 and Koy Hopke @#220. Just saying!!

drbrad

Quote from: bud on February 17, 2022, 10:42:52 AM
ChargerDad, Agree D-2 #195 will be a crazy good bracket, and very interesting how the seeding shakes out. All the top 5 have a legit shot at the title. When i look at the overall big picture not a surprise #195 is stacked as you have Whiting @#182 and Koy Hopke @#220. Just saying!!

Yes, could end up a "tangled web" scenario for someone here. Hopke obviously locked in at 195 all year based on Amery roster. Must say 195 appears to be the perfect weight for Ramberg. Not sure what options others had weight-wise. Maybe other posters know these individual details better. But especially with Hoffman moving up to 285 (plus Ramberg moving down), 220# really opened up behind Koy Hopke. Only one of these great 195 pounders can win it all in Madison. May be one or two of them will be left wondering if taking 2nd at 220 (or 182?) would have been better (ANY of these 5 could win 195# championship, but ANY of them could also end up 5th). Regardless, Sectionals and State will be crazy at 195!!!

littleguy301

I think having whitting at 182 and koy at 220 really cleared up those weights and thus 195 is jammed up.

So I will gave another take on 195 for state if it happens the way we talk about it. Let's say ramberg gets the 3 seed and grewe the 4th seed with out meeting at sectionals for what ever reason. Can grewe coach argue for the 3 seed since in the only meeting between grewe and ramberg resulted in a grewe win. After the seeds come out is their going to be arguing about head to head.

Also does track set up it that 2 same sectional guys go at it in the quarter finals or worse yet the Thursday night round? Gosh with all this talk there are 2 other sectionals with good wrestlers in it that may be top 4 seeds that have an arguement for one of the top 4 seeds also. We have for sure asked for the seeding but are we ready to actually trust what track does to seeds it. There is always those situations that no one likes.

Looks like 195 is going to be alot of fun for sure! But before I get to over the top on this weight there is going to be several weight classes that are going to be really fun and have some serious jammed for seeding. As the great Tom M says.......that is why they wrestle the matches!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Redeemer

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 17, 2022, 01:53:06 PM
I think having whitting at 182 and koy at 220 really cleared up those weights and thus 195 is jammed up.

So I will gave another take on 195 for state if it happens the way we talk about it. Let's say ramberg gets the 3 seed and grewe the 4th seed with out meeting at sectionals for what ever reason. Can grewe coach argue for the 3 seed since in the only meeting between grewe and ramberg resulted in a grewe win. After the seeds come out is their going to be arguing about head to head.

Also does track set up it that 2 same sectional guys go at it in the quarter finals or worse yet the Thursday night round? Gosh with all this talk there are 2 other sectionals with good wrestlers in it that may be top 4 seeds that have an arguement for one of the top 4 seeds also. We have for sure asked for the seeding but are we ready to actually trust what track does to seeds it. There is always those situations that no one likes.

Looks like 195 is going to be alot of fun for sure! But before I get to over the top on this weight there is going to be several weight classes that are going to be really fun and have some serious jammed for seeding. As the great Tom M says.......that is why they wrestle the matches!

Yes, D2 195 will be fun for sure... the state champ could end with a 5 seed if he ends up 3rd at sectionals in that particular scenario. The 4 vs 5 quarterfinal will be one in particular to keep a good eye on.

A ton of other fun seeding possibilities for weight classes that aren't being publicly talked about here on the forum, but being discussed in private circles. Each weight class obviously has it's own potential scenarios which kids and parents/fans are getting excited about.

Entirely possible for wrestlers from the same sectional to hit thursday night, which is something new this year. 8 vs 9, 7 vs 11, whatever it is, let it happen. 

Some gripes will happen as the seeding criteria can't take everything into account, but who cares... the obvious top kids should be appropriately separated ... Heck, I am sure that I will have complaints about some seeding, but I don't plan to make a big deal out of that. Unless there is a huge obvious error.

Numbers

I will predict the largest "errors" in seeding may come from under seeding a stud wrestler that was injured/suspended for most of the season.  The wrestler will probably be a freshman or a wrestler that missed qualifying for state last year due to a loaded sectional but would have placed if the wrestler could have made the state bracket.  At some point you need to be available to wrestle and accumulate seeding criteria to be seeded.

Someone in the know could clarify if it matters if you are 3-1 head to head or 1-1 head to head.  The criteria might be if both wrestlers have defeated each other, move to the next criteria.

TomM

Quote from: Numbers on February 17, 2022, 03:03:42 PM
I will predict the largest "errors" in seeding may come from under seeding a stud wrestler that was injured/suspended for most of the season.  The wrestler will probably be a freshman or a wrestler that missed qualifying for state last year due to a loaded sectional but would have placed if the wrestler could have made the state bracket.  At some point you need to be available to wrestle and accumulate seeding criteria to be seeded.

Someone in the know could clarify if it matters if you are 3-1 head to head or 1-1 head to head.  The criteria might be if both wrestlers have defeated each other, move to the next criteria.

Name him/them! I'll wait.  8)
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

rmk12175

Can anyone explain why Greyson Clark is seeded 2nd in his sectional bracket?  Also, there appears to be a number of instances where wrestlers with lower win percentages are ranked ahead of other wrestlers with higher win percentages.  There don't seem to be common opponents that would factor in.