Thank you

Started by Ghetto, January 23, 2022, 12:13:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

As we just got home from Wausau, I wanted to send out thanks to all the folks who put together the Challenge Series this month, from the regional sites all the way until today.

What a great thing for our varsity reserve kids. May it never stop.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

littleguy301

Yes I agree with you ghetto! I haven't been down in a few years but I certainly enjoyed it while there and think it is a great idea.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Grapl

Agreed, what a great even!!  I do have a little constructive criticism as did a lot of other fans and coaches.  Shutting down 4 of the 8 mats for a 35 minutes and then shutting down the remaining 4 mats before the 1st round of wrestling was completed just kills wrestling. I would suggest adding a couple mats especially if tournament gets larger.  Moving either the girls or boys to Friday would help and cut some time.   

BC Greco

Quote from: Grapl on January 24, 2022, 08:47:49 AM
Agreed, what a great even!!  I do have a little constructive criticism as did a lot of other fans and coaches.  Shutting down 4 of the 8 mats for a 35 minutes and then shutting down the remaining 4 mats before the 1st round of wrestling was completed just kills wrestling. I would suggest adding a couple mats especially if tournament gets larger.  Moving either the girls or boys to Friday would help and cut some time.

I wasn't there so I can only speculate, but when you are running some WIAA events it sometime becomes beneficial to run less mats at points in time during a tournament.  Otherwise due to the time limit required for athletes between matches you can get to a point where no mats can run for a period of time.  So even though it seems like a time waster to not have those mats running visually, they are actually doing there very best to balance a continuous program while cutting the time to run the tournament as much as possible.  Whether that's the case here I don't know, but it's something to consider next time you are watching a tournament.  It's often not something they want to do but have to.

Grapl

BC Greco - I understand your rationale just a couple things to consider - this is not a WIAA event (this is run through the coaches association), wait time wasn't a factor, some wrestlers weighed in at 10 and did not wrestle until almost 2, wrestling did not finish until after 6:30 pm.  All I'm saying is that this tournament could be run more efficiently.