FIX D2/D3 regionals! Here is my thought.

Started by Numbers, February 11, 2018, 05:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

I just looked and if Laconia and Kewanee had been combined there would have been a total of 8 first round matches.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

Barou

Quote from: mdbriggs on February 12, 2018, 04:38:19 PM
Make this fix in all divisions (if you truly believe that we need 3 divisions) where if you loose your first match you are done.  Make super sectional on Regional weekend.  Followed by duals on Tuesday and Team State on Sectional weekend.  And Individual state on the same weekend as always. 

That's a great idea.
JHI Mafia

Barou

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 12, 2018, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: Barou on February 12, 2018, 08:19:49 AM
Eliminate the regional and go to a 2 day super sectional.  All divisions.  Similar to JHI, Minnesota has it right on this.

yes they do!!!!!!

I think this coming weekend in Rochester they have all 3 classes in their sectional wrestling for the right to get to team state! That is going to be alot of very, very good wrestling for sure!!!!!

so image division 1,2 and 3 in wisconsin in that same area sending there teams to 1 location to wrestle for first place and the right to go to team state. I believe a 2 day blast of wrestling in the team aspect of it.

of note, I think in AA Kasson-Manorville and Similey will be going at it in the finals to just make state! that is if they get through all the other teams first!

I'm glad to hear the still have that sectional tournament in Rochester.  When I coached in Minnesota years ago my team was at that sectional.  It was a great event!!  I felt really good for the below average - good kids as that was a chance for them to compete on a "big stage" with a ton of spectators.  Honestly, the first thing I thought of was how perfect a super sectional with all 3 divisions would be at the La Crosse Center.  It would be a hit and great for wrestling in Wisconsin.
JHI Mafia

MNbadger

Yes, but there are three separate tournaments going on there (A, AA, AAA)going on there.  It is not combined sections. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

MNbadger

I'll suggest it again...........

Three divisions, each have 8 Sections.
Weekend one Team Section Duals, champion goes to state, 8 team bracket.
Weekend two Individual Section top two go to state making a 16 man bracket.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

Barou

Quote from: MNbadger on February 13, 2018, 09:28:45 AM
Yes, but there are three separate tournaments going on there (A, AA, AAA)going on there.  It is not combined sections. 

Yes, thanks for clarifying.
JHI Mafia

bigoil

Quote from: MNbadger on February 13, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

I like this idea, and we really aren't too far away from this now.

About how many teams in a section?

Is every team in the dual tournament regardless of record? Is that a one day and about when is that over on average?

Is the individual tourney Friday night Saturday ? When is that usually over?

thequad

Quote from: Barou on February 13, 2018, 08:25:12 AM
Quote from: mdbriggs on February 12, 2018, 04:38:19 PM
Make this fix in all divisions (if you truly believe that we need 3 divisions) where if you loose your first match you are done.  Make super sectional on Regional weekend.  Followed by duals on Tuesday and Team State on Sectional weekend.  And Individual state on the same weekend as always. 
In D2 and D3 if you have more than 4 wrestlers in a weight class the lower seeds wrestle to get in a 4 man bracket, the looser of the out bracket does not get a wrestle back.

That's a great idea.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

MNbadger

From an earlier post:MN has 242 teams
A 83 teams (9-11 teams per section)
AA 84 teams (9-011 teams per section)
AAA 75 teams (9-10 teams per section)

WI has 333 teams
D1 127 teams divided by 8 = 16 team
D2 103 teams divided by 8 = 13 team
D3 103 teams divided by 8 = 13 team
Or you could put 111 teams in each division giving you 13.8 teams per section.  This would work the same as the system in MN. 
We wrestle Wednesday/Saturday for Team Sections.  Our section actually does 7vs10 and 8vs9 on Wednesday night and the final 8 on Friday afternoon/evening(so a Saturday off for the wrestlers).
Individual Sections are then the following Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday.

Easy-peasy.

You can do the same
Quote from: bigoil on February 13, 2018, 09:52:28 AM
Quote from: MNbadger on February 13, 2018, 09:31:53 AM

I like this idea, and we really aren't too far away from this now.

About how many teams in a section?  See above

Is every team in the dual tournament regardless of record?Yes Is that a one day and about when is that over on average?See above

Is the individual tourney Friday night Saturday ? When is that usually over? See above