Lack of sectional talk?

Started by boowrestle, February 20, 2014, 08:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

Quote from: TomM on February 21, 2014, 12:01:55 PM
Perhaps I created 'too many' areas to discuss... and inadvertently slowed down the chatter...
Created a space for each Sectional here < http://wiwrestling.info/index.php?board=210.0 > ... Maybe that made it too difficult to see the conversations?
I could just move all those to the 'WIWrestling Main Forum'... I will do that later.

Don't be a facilitater.  People need to learn to wander away from the Main Forum once-in-a-while.

The more topics you move to the Main Forum ... the quicker conversations get buried to the 2nd or 3rd page - which are no easier to access than other subject boards ... which should stimulate discussion through focused/concentrated content.

It's easier to keep topics open for discussion (longer) by creating other boards for larger subjects (as you have) - such as "WIAA State tournament ... since there are more related topics per page.

If you're not already (other than Tom & a few other regulars) - scroll down from the Main Forum (on the Forum "home" page) ... lots of good wrestling discusions can be had there.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

boowrestle

Bianchi,smith,McManus plus others in Div2 106lbs//going to be a exciting wt class to watch.They all have to worry about sectionals before they start thinking about state. ;)
you can run but you cannot hide.

Ghetto

Quote from: MantyWrestler on February 21, 2014, 12:56:00 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on February 21, 2014, 12:16:25 PM
Quote from: crossface21 on February 21, 2014, 11:59:57 AM
I'm still waiting for Ghetto to post the Regional numbers for participation. That always gets everyone talking.

I already got the data ready. Thought I'd wait until after state.  ;D

start it now.

I won't be able to this weekend. Monday after practice.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

TD4Win

Quote from: imnofish on February 21, 2014, 10:16:55 AM
Quote from: ramjet on February 21, 2014, 08:53:29 AM
I wonder how the lack of practice because school has been cancelled for two days will effect some of these wrestlers?

Good point.  I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe snow shoveling will at least give them some physical activity.  Hopefully, it's not a huge factor in wrestling quality, as it will probably be hard to find an opponent who isn't facing the same challenge.

The coaches still make them practice or workout.....well at least the good ones do they don't let there kids the week of sectionals sit home and watch tv the good coaches/athletes work for a state championships they don't take days off and it shows during the clutch situations like this weekend so we will find out who really cares and wants it more this weekend!!!

littleguy301

Quote from: TD4Win on February 21, 2014, 05:06:09 PM
I wonder how the lack of practice because school has been cancelled for two days will effect some of these wrestlers?

Good point.  I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe snow shoveling will at least give them some physical activity.  Hopefully, it's not a huge factor in wrestling quality, as it will probably be hard to find an opponent who isn't facing the same challenge.

The coaches still make them practice or workout.....well at least the good ones do they don't let there kids the week of sectionals sit home and watch tv the good coaches/athletes work for a state championships they don't take days off and it shows during the clutch situations like this weekend so we will find out who really cares and wants it more this weekend!!!

Good coaches also obey the WIAA and school rules so we are at a stalemate now ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

head57

Quote from: neutral on February 21, 2014, 02:01:26 PM
Quote from: TomM on February 21, 2014, 12:01:55 PM
Perhaps I created 'too many' areas to discuss... and inadvertently slowed down the chatter...
Created a space for each Sectional here < http://wiwrestling.info/index.php?board=210.0 > ... Maybe that made it too difficult to see the conversations?
I could just move all those to the 'WIWrestling Main Forum'... I will do that later.

Don't be a facilitater.  People need to learn to wander away from the Main Forum once-in-a-while.

The more topics you move to the Main Forum ... the quicker conversations get buried to the 2nd or 3rd page - which are no easier to access than other subject boards ... which should stimulate discussion through focused/concentrated content.

It's easier to keep topics open for discussion (longer) by creating other boards for larger subjects (as you have) - such as "WIAA State tournament ... since there are more related topics per page.

If you're not already (other than Tom & a few other regulars) - scroll down from the Main Forum (on the Forum "home" page) ... lots of good wrestling discusions can be had there.

Agreed, This board is a cluster now.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

NWIS

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 21, 2014, 05:36:10 PM

Good coaches also obey the WIAA and school rules so we are at a stalemate now ;)

Not having practice on a snow day is not a WIAA rule or concern. Plenty of schools, with the blessing of administration, are able to hold practice even if school is canceled. Our school cannot while down the road 30 miles Ellsworth is allowed.

littleguy301

Quote from: NWIS on February 21, 2014, 06:16:26 PM

Not having practice on a snow day is not a WIAA rule or concern. Plenty of schools, with the blessing of administration, are able to hold practice even if school is canceled. Our school cannot while down the road 30 miles Ellsworth is allowed.

I did not realize that Ellsworth allowed practice either.

I thought that at the Amery Sectional they are giving a pound weight allowance to the wrestlers because they are not able to get in a practice because of school closings.

boowrestle

Littleguy,if any team at a sectional did not have school on friday and was not able to practice,then all teams at that sectional are given 1lb allowance at sectional weighins.
you can run but you cannot hide.

imnofish

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 21, 2014, 07:53:12 PM
Quote from: NWIS on February 21, 2014, 06:16:26 PM

I did not realize that Ellsworth allowed practice either.

I thought that at the Amery Sectional they are giving a pound weight allowance to the wrestlers because they are not able to get in a practice because of school closings.

It will all be good, 'cause Ellsworth will bring enough curds for all the wrestlers.   ;)
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

Quote from: boowrestle on February 21, 2014, 08:21:18 PM
Littleguy,if any team at a sectional did not have school on friday and was not able to practice,then all teams at that sectional are given 1lb allowance at sectional weighins.

Many teams did NOT have school on Friday in the Amery sectional.

So that goes back to my original statement that if there is no school because of weather then there is no practice. Is this a school thing or a WIAA thing?

Most schools I know is that there is going to be no practice if school is cancelled but I have heard of captions practice though ;)