sheepshead or euchre?

Started by Troy Grindle, December 18, 2013, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

Quote from: imnofish on December 22, 2013, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: bigG on December 19, 2013, 01:34:51 PM
Go Fish!  Where?   ;D

I noticed on the east side of the state you see more Sheeps, and on the west end Euchre.

I don't play either.

Hope you're getting out on that ice. Ought to be good by you. Rivers? I just wait until I see enough 3/4 ton trucks out there, first. The Miss. is good ice fishin' once she's ready, though. Perch have been coming back the last few years. Still get northerns (wrap em and bake 'em) couple walleye when you're lucky, some bluegills, and you're good. Lord know out of all of 'em, bluegill is one of the best tasting fish. Never ate a bluegill I didn't like.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 23, 2013, 11:38:49 AM
Quote from: imnofish on December 22, 2013, 07:07:43 PM
Quote from: bigG on December 19, 2013, 01:34:51 PM
Go Fish!  Where?   ;D

I noticed on the east side of the state you see more Sheeps, and on the west end Euchre.

I don't play either.

Hope you're getting out on that ice. Ought to be good by you. Rivers? I just wait until I see enough 3/4 ton trucks out there, first. The Miss. is good ice fishin' once she's ready, though. Perch have been coming back the last few years. Still get northerns (wrap em and bake 'em) couple walleye when you're lucky, some bluegills, and you're good. Lord know out of all of 'em, bluegill is one of the best tasting fish. Never ate a bluegill I didn't like.

Got started ice fishing on the Miss. backwaters.  Great gills, crappies, white bass!  We have plenty of ice up here.  I haven't been out yet, but will start after Christmas.  Waiting for some of my ice fishing buddies to have more time to go.  Having Christmas at my daughter's house, which is on a lake.  We might put some tip ups out. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

That's my kind of ice fishin': sittin' in a nice warm house and staring at tip ups through the window. Hot cup of coffee and a delicious scone. JK, I don't think I've ever had a scone. Not JK coffee, though.

bigG

I should mention most of my ice fishing is Miss. backwaters. Good times, though. Love pullin' a northern out of the ice. What my son lives for.

OldAbes72

My family has always played/preferred euchre over sheepshead, west central wisconsin. The guys I spend most of my time with during the winter months play dirty clubs, they are north of highway 8 guys and our games normally end in arguments. We are a tax bit overcompetive. There is no such thing as friendly competition. The only time I have played pfeifer is with some guys from Waterville mn, home of bullhead days.