sheepshead or euchre?

Started by Troy Grindle, December 18, 2013, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy Grindle

I play them both and have taught all of my mechanics to play both of them at lunch. But which do you guys prefer? Sheepshead seems to be more of a northern half of the state game and euchre a southern half.
And then there was that.

smitty71

Sheepshead, Just what I learned as a young adult.  Never heard of euchre until I went to Madison.
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

Swampy

bigoil

Sheepshead is bigger in Milwaukee and Sheboygan from what I can gather. Interestling I don't see much of either in GB/Fox Valley. Goat?

Troy Grindle

I play a lot of sheepshead when I go up to Green Bay to visit family over the holidays. That is where my in laws are all from and they never had played euchre before. In madison euchre is almost all anybody plays.
And then there was that.

imnofish

Old Maid.  I can understand the rules, if I try real hard. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bkraus

Strive for Perfection

jets152

Sheepshead is very popular in Manitowoc. It's very easy to find a game every week, sometimes a couple ;D

When there is downtime in my classroom (usually during homeroom) some of the senior boys will come in and play a few hands. I love seeing how they teach their classmates how to play, too. Great way to bring people together!
I would've had a chance in WISAA.

bigG

Go Fish!

I noticed on the east side of the state you see more Sheeps, and on the west end Euchre.

I don't play either.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Houndhead

I grew up playing Sheepshead and Dirty Clubs(a close cousin of Euchre) in North Central Wisconsin.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

DrSnide

Quote from: Houndhead on December 19, 2013, 02:56:17 PM
I grew up playing Sheepshead and Dirty Clubs(a close cousin of Euchre) in North Central Wisconsin.

We always played Dirty Clubs also and game called phiefer which I think may be Euchre or something similar
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

MarkK

Quote from: bigG on December 19, 2013, 01:34:51 PM
Go Fish!

I noticed on the east side of the state you see more Sheeps, and on the west end Euchre.

I don't play either.

Yes, growing up in the Cuba City Shullsburg area they were all Euchre.   
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on December 19, 2013, 01:34:51 PM
Go Fish!  Where?   ;D

I don't play either.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

harley

Euchre!! We have a Euchre tournament at just about every family function, the elder clan finally getting used to us all siting around playing Euchre at weddings  ;D