Duhawk open

Started by hammen, January 30, 2016, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: billymurphy on January 31, 2016, 06:19:08 PM
Lantz included in the group of guys that have not wrestled in awhile?

I think Lantz has some injury issues. Not sure though but what I hear.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Boy hear we go and it is going to sound like a debbie downer but I have to ask this question.

Early in the year I thought that a couple of the badger guys beat Vince Turk and I was excited because all heard several times going into the season that Turk may be the first Iowa freshman on varsity. But now they lost and I just cannt help think that Turk devolped more during the season.

I could be wrong in saying a couple of Badgers because I am just getting Wilke and Turk mixed up.

didnt both Wilkes and Turk lose to Wisconsin guys early and beat them late? Please correct me if I am wrong but I just cannt help but ask.

littleguy301

Though I am happy with the results at the DuHawk open and hope the wrestlers keep continuing to show improvement!

hammen

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 31, 2016, 10:17:17 PM
Boy hear we go and it is going to sound like a debbie downer but I have to ask this question.

Early in the year I thought that a couple of the badger guys beat Vince Turk and I was excited because all heard several times going into the season that Turk may be the first Iowa freshman on varsity. But now they lost and I just cannt help think that Turk devolped more during the season.

I could be wrong in saying a couple of Badgers because I am just getting Wilke and Turk mixed up.

didnt both Wilkes and Turk lose to Wisconsin guys early and beat them late? Please correct me if I am wrong but I just cannt help but ask.

No, I don't believe any Badger wrestled Vince Turk until this tournament.

Micah

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 31, 2016, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: billymurphy on January 31, 2016, 06:19:08 PM
Lantz included in the group of guys that have not wrestled in awhile?

I think Lantz has some injury issues. Not sure though but what I hear.

The Lancaster kid I believe also suffered an injury before the season really started unfortunately.

littleguy301

Quote from: hammen on February 01, 2016, 06:03:16 AM

No, I don't believe any Badger wrestled Vince Turk until this tournament.

I was thinking was it Grothus? To many names and to many tournaments to keep it all straight.

though Ritter beat Wilke early which I thought was a very good win. Nice match for Ritter and I hope these get him ready for next year, I believe he has an upside.

npope

Yeah, I suspect you are thinking of Grothus. Two Badgers beat him at a "miner" tourney earlier this season. I do think that Grothus is the top dog at that weight for IA, but was coming back from an injury and thus, wrestling in a smaller tourney. That said, neither of the Badgers were Bucky's #1 at 141 and in the dual with the Hawkeyes, Rowh lost to someone other than Grothus (Iowa's second guy at that weight?). I do believe Grothus has returned to the starting lineup for the Hawks. Anyway, go figure...?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

billymurphy

I sure hope you mean a "minor" tournament. 

bulldog90

Cole Martin has been pretty tough from what I've seen of results so far. Watching him and Chadd over the years its hard for me to believe they won't be good. Jens as well. I do think we have some good young talent there.

mkm13

Ritter wrestled Wilke in early January and beat him in a close match. 

Ritter also lost to Robert Stevenson in Who's #1 last year 5-1.   He just beat Stevenson 9-5 in this tournament.  Does this mean Barry has developed Ritter more than Minnesota has been able to develop Stevenson?  I was surprised by that result, as Stevenson looked extremely good i the Who's #1.