Is it too soon ......?

Started by whatever, March 23, 2019, 09:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numbers

Too soon for next year predictions.  There are going to be significant transfers.  Possible additional years granted for medical hardships.  Then some programs will have guys take Olympic redshirts.  Next year is really an unknown at this point.

mike

Quote from: whatever on March 23, 2019, 09:17:19 PM
.....to say that Iowa will never win another team title as long as they have Brands as coach and Sanderson is at Penn St.?

Iowa fans might  want to face that reality sooner than later.

Feel free to explain why I may be wrong on this one.....

This is so funny to me in the Badger section

Numbers

Quote from: mike on March 24, 2019, 11:49:53 AM
.....to say that Iowa will never win another team title as long as they have Brands as coach and Sanderson is at Penn St.?

Someone could post the same about every D1 coach with Cael at Penn State and be right 95% most likely.  You can post in the Badger section since Bono may be in the other 5%!

mike

Quote from: Numbers on March 24, 2019, 12:02:39 PM
Quote from: mike on March 24, 2019, 11:49:53 AM

Someone could post the same about every D1 coach with Cael at Penn State and be right 95% most likely.  You can post in the Badger section since Bono may be in the other 5%!

Let's disregard Cael and even winning the whole thing....how about this.....

Is it too soon......?

......to say that Iowa will never finish ahead of Wisconsin again as long as they have Brands as coach and Bono is at Wisconsin?

Realistically what's the timeline for this?

dad 2 5

1) Penn State
No. 2 Travis Wittlake
No. 4 Michael Beard
No. 9 Gavin Teasdale
No. 13 Roman Bravo-Young
No. 26 Seth Nevills
No. 20 Joe Lee
No. 34 Brody Teske
Brandon Meredith

Not sure what else needs to be said. Even Arizona State's much-ballyhooed 2015 class might look pedestrian compared to the way people feel about Penn State's 2018 class. The Nittany Lions have received commitments from seven of the top 35, and they address pretty much any lineup holes. With the sheer volume of this class, PSU's place at the top of the list this year will be undisputed, even if a kid or two decommits.

dad 2 5

theOSU has 3 of the top 12 P4P guys coming in this year. Look for them to be very tough the next few years
2   Sr.   Greg Kerkvliet   Simley   MN   285   Ohio State   2
6   Sr.   Carson Kharchla   Ol. Liberty   OH   170   Ohio State   6
12   Sr.   Jordan Decatur   CVCA           OH   132   Ohio State   12

stbird

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 24, 2019, 12:30:43 PM
1) Penn State
No. 2 Travis Wittlake
No. 4 Michael Beard
No. 9 Gavin Teasdale
No. 13 Roman Bravo-Young
No. 26 Seth Nevills
No. 20 Joe Lee
No. 34 Brody Teske
Brandon Meredith

Not sure what else needs to be said. Even Arizona State's much-ballyhooed 2015 class might look pedestrian compared to the way people feel about Penn State's 2018 class. The Nittany Lions have received commitments from seven of the top 35, and they address pretty much any lineup holes. With the sheer volume of this class, PSU's place at the top of the list this year will be undisputed, even if a kid or two decommits.
Teasdale is gone and Teske didn't look too great this year.  None of these guys will be of the stature of Nolf, Nickal, Ruth, Taylor.  I think Iowa beats them next year.