iowa fans

Started by leg turk, March 09, 2014, 08:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutral

Quote from: Brett Favre on March 09, 2014, 03:32:59 PM
UW is 7th with 73. Only 40.5 out of 3rd

I think everybody gets that you don't think the badgers are on the rise ... probably from one of your hundreds of posts exclusively to that point - but please don't call yourself a Badger fan if you can't see that the Badgers represented themselves well ... that there is reason to expect continued improvement ... and that, over time, they will improve their team ranking and, hopefuly, compete for team championships.  A a fan - you have to be able to see some good - not look at things though rose-colored glasses ... but thrive on the positives. There are plenty of them.

They have the 2nd most Freshmen (4 ... along with MI & IN - NE has 5) ... (by the way, MN, IA, & PS have the least ... 1, 1, & 2 (in that order)) - and the 4th most underclassmen (5 ... along with OS, MI, & NU - NE has 7 - IN has 8 ) ... and, again, MN, IA, & PS have the least ... 1, 3, & 3 (in that order)).  I know it's not the age that matters ... it's the caliber - but, can you honestly say that you aren't excited to see what this group can do as they grow in experience?

Other than Graff's - we do not lose a lot of points form this championship to graduation ... and that's no cut on Liegel & Hein who had very respectable careers.

Big time? ... who knows - but up? ... if you don't think so ... you're not a fan ... (of the Badgers anyway).
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

neutral

As far as the IA fans are concerned ... you gotta love their entusiasm - cause you gotta hate their lack of objectivity ... especially relating to requesting stalling calls against anybody ... and their high school football/basketball-ish cheers.  But I'm sure that (as they should) they could give a rat's--- what anybody else thinks.

npope

The Iowa fans make it interesting - love 'em or hate 'em.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

harley

Not a Iowa fan but go to a Packer game with a bears fan or a Vikings fan, you want to talk about rude and obnoxious. Same thing if you go to Metrodome with a Packers Jersey on, let's face it, some people lose there marbles when it comes to rooting for there teams, not all but the ones that do make it bad or the rest.

Jimmy

I sat next to the minnesota section. I thought it was hilarious how they cheered louder for Iowa losses than minnesota wins.

Gutwrench

Quote from: Iowafan133 on March 10, 2014, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: neutral on March 10, 2014, 11:10:49 AM
As far as the IA fans are concerned ... you gotta love their entusiasm - cause you gotta hate their lack of objectivity ... especially relating to requesting stalling calls against anybody ... and their high school football/basketball-ish cheers.  But I'm sure that (as they should) they could give a rat's--- what anybody else thinks.
I heard an awful lot of Wisconsin fans saying stalling during the Ramos match so it goes both ways

This may be so, but my observation was that Iowa fans called for stalling practically every match. 

whatever

Quote from: Jimmy on March 10, 2014, 02:46:36 PM
I sat next to the minnesota section. I thought it was hilarious how they cheered louder for Iowa losses than minnesota wins.

Well, that's because for the entire semifinal round, there wasn't any Minnesota wins....

When Nelson finally won his semifinal at the end of that round, the Minnesota crowd finally had something to cheer about in their little corner of the Kohl Center.  I turned to the people I was with and said : "Wow, I didn't know the Minnesota crowd was still here....their team left about 2 hours ago...!"
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

neutral

Quote from: Iowafan133 on March 10, 2014, 02:28:15 PM
Quote from: neutral on March 10, 2014, 11:10:49 AM
I heard an awful lot of Wisconsin fans saying stalling during the Ramos match so it goes both ways

My point was ... that nobody stalled like Ramos - so, if Ramos's stalling was okay with them ... they shouldn't have had anything to complain about regarding anybody else.  If anybody would recognize stalling ... it would be IA - they've witnessed lots of it (from their own team ... least you miss the point again).