week 3

Started by wildhorse, December 15, 2014, 09:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pheasant 1984

Lot's of gloating on here! Don't remember any of that last year. Hudson wrestlers brought it hard last night! Congrats boys! Menomonie you need to pull together as a team and not let this split you guys up! Time to lay it all out every night at practice, get healthy, reload and roll them dice at regions! Good luck at Marty Loy!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

RLWarrior

Quote from: Joenlucy on December 18, 2014, 07:18:53 AM
Menomonie #2 vs. Unranked Hudson
106 toss up
113 state qualifier vs. freshman
120 regional champ vs.  solid opponent, he has beat him in the past.
126 toss up
132 depends on lineup coach goes with
138 one of the schloughs... younger schlough beat peterson, older schough, state place winner
145 Schlough
152 Menomonie beat common opponent
160 Hudson
170 Hudson
182 Menomonie
195 Menomonie
220 Menomonie
285 Menomonie beat common opponent...

So two guaranteed wins for Hudson 8 for Menomonie, 4 toss ups??? Menomonie doubles them up.

i'd say you definitely have a career in predictive wrestling analysis  ::)

DrSnide

Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on December 19, 2014, 12:06:00 PM
Lot's of gloating on here! Don't remember any of that last year. Hudson wrestlers brought it hard last night! Congrats boys! Menomonie you need to pull together as a team and not let this split you guys up! Time to lay it all out every night at practice, get healthy, reload and roll them dice at regions! Good luck at Marty Loy!

I don't think its gloating over the results of the dual as much as gloating over a poster's arrogant/obnoxious posts/predictions which clearly rubbed people the wrong way.  Big difference.

I'm pretty sure most here have a ton of respect for both the Hudson and Menomonie programs - I know I do.

Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

2pointTakedown

If Chippewa beats EC North then happens gets losses to Hudson and Menomonie who wins the BRC?

Too bad there isn't a late season dual tournament format like MN has to get the ultimate team winner, instead of regionals were team scores can be messed up and you might not get the true best dual team winning.

Hudson made some changes last night, but will they have that same lineup for regionals? I remember a Chippewa team a couple few years ago that beat Hudson in a dual, but lost big time in regional individual team points.

Congrats to Hudson for a fine performance

ElectricGuy

Quote from: DrSnide on December 19, 2014, 12:34:45 PM
Quote from: Pheasant 1984 on December 19, 2014, 12:06:00 PM

I don't think its gloating over the results of the dual as much as gloating over a poster's arrogant/obnoxious posts/predictions which clearly rubbed people the wrong way.  Big difference.

I'm pretty sure most here have a ton of respect for both the Hudson and Menomonie programs - I know I do.

+1
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

Dunn County

Pheasant - The very interesting thing I see here about the "gloating" is that many of these post have come from people that are not from Hudson.  Don't just look at the handle, view their previous posts over the past couple years and you will see the favorite teams of these guys.  I don't think guys who like the Barron Bears would "gloat" that Hudson won.

Harris

Congrats to Hudson. 

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Dunn County on December 20, 2014, 06:29:06 AM
Pheasant - The very interesting thing I see here about the "gloating" is that many of these post have come from people that are not from Hudson.  Don't just look at the handle, view their previous posts over the past couple years and you will see the favorite teams of these guys.  I don't think guys who like the Barron Bears would "gloat" that Hudson won.

Thanks, your exactly correct, just follow from afar and know some kids on it. Plus with it knocking off another D1 ahead of us was nice😃
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

RLWarrior

Quote from: MidwestWI on December 19, 2014, 06:17:05 AM
The loss to Hudson will effect Menomonie being the Division 1 #2 ranked team in the state.

you would think so, but i wonder if the south wisconsin press can even think north of hwy 10 sometimes.  they seem out of touch with wrestling up here.  menonomie was clearly over ranked at #2 and hudson being un-ranked was a major oversight even with the ec north loss.  somebody needs to start sending ranking information into the crew for this area.  how does menomonie's #5 ranked ford get beat by a freshman not on the radar map?    hudson's HM 170 wins the marty loy? and their 120 takes 3rd?  and menomonie has a heavyweight ranked that isn't on their roster  :-\   

HMsDad

I wouldn't say that the Frosh who beat Ford is not off the radar. Most around our area know how good he is. Problem with the ranking system with the lower weight is you either have to be an upperclassmen  or an accomplished youth wrestler. It will all work out on its own in the coming months.

RLWarrior

Quote from: HMsDad on December 23, 2014, 06:31:38 AM
I wouldn't say that the Frosh who beat Ford is not off the radar. Most around our area know how good he is. Problem with the ranking system with the lower weight is you either have to be an upperclassmen  or an accomplished youth wrestler. It will all work out on its own in the coming months.

i'd say that frosh was an accomplished youth wrestler.  if you look at the 110 bracket from wwf state last year, he placed 3rd.  every wrestler that placed in that bracket was on the radar (ranked), except the 6th place finisher (who isn't wrestling this year) and the 3rd place finisher.  several at weights higher than 113.  i'd call that out of touch with the area.  if you look closer you'll see anderson beat bailey from stevens point in the 3rd place match.  bailey was ranked at 126!  in a coincidence, hudson's 120 fanning pinned bailey in the 3rd place match at the marty loy last week weekend. 

i don't care who is ranked where, just point out this area gets slighted sometimes and we should send input to that committee.  as you said hmsdad, if many in the area know, we should help the pundits know.  for the first time in years i did.

HMsDad

I'm by no means saying Jacob wasn't an accomplished youth sorry if it came off that way. Most are young ones (Freshman) that are ranked were state champs or national place winners. The rankings are just a way to get people chirping. We just need more people nominating our area kids for ranks.

He was one I was looking forward to seeing this year. Like I said it will all figure out on its own.

Pheasant 1984

Warrior! Let's see your rankings. They are just opinions from fans and coaches. Not an exact science. That Freshman from Hudson is a pretty good wrestler. I'm sure he had plenty of tape on Ford. I'm sure they will wrestle again unless Ford drops for conference. Just remember when you are poking at these wrestlers, some do come on here and see that. Congrats to Hudson on your dual win and your Marty Loy win.
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

Pheasant 1984

Quote from: RLWarrior on December 22, 2014, 09:27:40 PM
Quote from: MidwestWI on December 19, 2014, 06:17:05 AM
The loss to Hudson will effect Menomonie being the Division 1 #2 ranked team in the state.

you would think so, but i wonder if the south wisconsin press can even think north of hwy 10 sometimes.  they seem out of touch with wrestling up here.  menonomie was clearly over ranked at #2 and hudson being un-ranked was a major oversight even with the ec north loss.  somebody needs to start sending ranking information into the crew for this area.  how does menomonie's #5 ranked ford get beat by a freshman not on the radar map?    hudson's HM 170 wins the marty loy? and their 120 takes 3rd?  and menomonie has a heavyweight ranked that isn't on their roster  :-\   
Oops, look at skin folds, Nuitenen is on our roster. The same can be said with Roberts. He's ranked but hasn't wrestled yet. I know he's worthy of being ranked.

Joenlucy

Don't let them get under your skin pheasant! Kids are gonna keep working and get some quality matches in at the cheese. Gonna be battle tested by the end of the season. You have any inside info in if ford is going to drop??? 😜