Hudson Invite

Started by FinalWord, January 11, 2014, 02:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinalWord

" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

Street Glide

I'm waiting myself too.  Did Ellsworth send mostly JV guys?

mbcguy

Ellsworth sent two teams today.  One was called a varsity reserve team, and the other was a JV team.  I'm interested to see how Schutz did in his first action today.

Street Glide

Heard he looked pretty good overall.  A Hudson kid pinned him, but other wise not bad.

mbcguy

Quote from: Street Glide on January 11, 2014, 04:44:46 PM
Heard he looked pretty good overall.  A Hudson kid pinned him, but other wise not bad.

Street glide do you know what weight he's was at.

Street Glide

Kensbud76

Hudson always welcomes Ellsworth to the house, no matter what version. What impressed me the most was to see the passion of your coaches,coaching during and after the match. The varsity senior leaders, in street clothes, encouraging (I thought that Jens was going to come out of his skin a couple of times) and working (Gable & Jens)with every wrestler as they came off the mat. Team effort in an individual sport...that's what builds championship teams.

The Last Ride

Quote from: Kensbud76 on January 12, 2014, 06:38:21 PM
Hudson always welcomes Ellsworth to the house, no matter what version. What impressed me the most was to see the passion of your coaches,coaching during and after the match. The varsity senior leaders, in street clothes, encouraging (I thought that Jens was going to come out of his skin a couple of times) and working (Gable & Jens)with every wrestler as they came off the mat. Team effort in an individual sport...that's what builds championship teams.
I really have to agree with this Kensbud. Ellsworth brought their Varsity reserve and JV I think. They had some seniors wrestling. That says something about a good program. Seniors sticking it out on a almost always tough lineup to crack. I have also heard that alumni play a big part in their program. Many show up in the wrestling room to wrestle with kids.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

littleguy301

Quote from: The Last Ride on January 12, 2014, 06:46:08 PM
I really have to agree with this Kensbud. Ellsworth brought their Varsity reserve and JV I think. They had some seniors wrestling. That says something about a good program. Seniors sticking it out on a almost always tough lineup to crack. I have also heard that alumni play a big part in their program. Many show up in the wrestling room to wrestle with kids.

I have to also agree with that statement from both of you.

Both those 2 kids are great for wrestling and not to sell the rest of the time short they also are good at helping and supporting the entire team. In this day and age with the instant gradification it is good to see that no one is above the team and whether your a JV, varsity reserve or a varsity your helping out each and every teammate.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

NWIS1

I see that Hud 113 Fanning pinned #2 D3 Paulson Boy.

NWIS1

I think that was Logan Kemmerer and Jens working with the Etown gang. Gable was probably climbing silos.

Kensbud76

Recognition then to Logan for a nice team effort, hope that Gable doesn't sic Fester on me!

standup

Quote from: NWIS1 on January 14, 2014, 11:17:31 AM
I see that Hud 113 Fanning pinned #2 D3 Paulson Boy.
i think you meant Palmer instead of Paulson.