Menomonie @ Hudson (12/12/13) Preview

Started by Grant Peissig, December 12, 2013, 09:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Peissig

Hey Wrestling Fans,

We are hoping to see a big crowd in Hudson tonight for a great Big Rivers Conference Showdown! If you are fan of wrestling and live in Northwest Wisconsin don't miss this matchup between two of the best teams in the area.  Below is some info on both teams, hopefully it will be enough to get you to go out in the cold and make the trip to Hudson High School tonight.

-Menomonie is the defending BRC champion, but Hudson has won 6 of the last 8 BRC dual meet championships.  Last year the two teams split.  Menomonie won the dual 34-24, Hudson came out on top at the Marty Loy & BRC-DSC Challenge, and Menomonie won the Regional. 

-If my research is accurate 23 of the 28 projected starters for tonight have qualified for Sectionals at some point in their career!

-Menomonie has 7 Returning All-BRC (3 - 1st,3 - 2nd & 1 - HM) wrestlers from last year.  Hudson also has 7 returning All-BRC (2 - 1st, 1 - 2nd, 4 - HM) wrestlers from last year.

There will be a scored JV dual that starts at 5:45 and the varsity action will get underway at 7! 

Pheasant 1984

You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

DrSnide

wow couldn't make it there but looking at Track it looks like it was a heck of dual between to great programs that looks like it could went either way.  Nice win for the Mustangs
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

Street Glide

Holy cow!  This looked like a awesome dual.  Can't wait to hear the details.  Ride you will have to PM me them.

The Last Ride

Great dual.. 24-24 going into last match. Last match tied in the last period with like 24 seconds left and Menomonie pulls it out 27-24. Great match to be at. Congrats to both Hudson and Menomonie  for a great dual. Longest match I think I have attended.

Tobin has had some good matches with Baldwin in the past. I don't think he has beaten him before. I bet he was giving up 50 some pounds and came up with a big pin to give Hudson a good shot to win.. All the kids from both teams wrestled very hard.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Dunn County

Cannot get any better......  BRC title on the line, the dual ends 7 wins to 7 wins.  Dual score was 24-24 in the final bout.  That final match was tied with 12 seconds remaining. Menomonie scored a reversal to win the match, meet and probable BRC title.

Mustang Fan

Actually Tobin gave up 65 pounds in that match and was on a mission tonight to beat Jared Baldwin ( my boy) ... He wrestled very smart and deserved the win hands down. Mathias Tobin is also a great kid and I look forward to them meeting many times this season. :) :)

The Last Ride

Mustang. 285 has 6 ranked wrestlers in our sectional... wow! I would say that would be the toughest weight class in our sectional. Good luck to your son.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Eric Peissig

I think the reason my brother is bald is because of duals like this! ;) Two great lineups creates so much excitement for the sport! I wish I could of been there to watch; looking forward to working with some of the guys over Christmas break.