What Happened to Philip Laux from 2012 Recruiting Class?

Started by stbird, March 31, 2014, 02:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

No. 1 Philip Laux (Brighton, Iowa)
Laux is this year's No. 1 high school wrestler at 113 lbs., and he is projected to wrestle at 125 lbs. for UW next season. Laux's resume includes two state championships for Iowa City West High School and a 2010 Cadet National title in freestyle.

Davis on Laux: "Laux is going for his third state title right now at Iowa City West. He goes to one of the best high schools in the state of Iowa and he is a guy with a lot of experience in freestyle, as well as folk. Philip will step in at 125 next year."

Where is this guy? 

Harris

stbird

Wow, what a wrestling room!  Gilman, Clark, Laux, Ramos and who knows who else on the mat everyday.  Badgers will have the same thing with Jiminez, Lantz, Thielke, and Taylor for starters.  That's quite a 4 some in the room!  It will be great to see who comes out on top! 

wrestle03

Is either Gilman or Clark projected to be at 125 next year? 

stbird

I don't know but I see Gilman wrestled 132 his senior year and Clark wrestled 126 so no wonder they may be having a hard time making weight.  From looking at Iowa's roster write ups, many of their guys are wrestling at weights less than they did in high school. 

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 01, 2014, 11:15:07 AM
Is either Gilman or Clark projected to be at 125 next year? 

Bun B

QuoteGilman, Clark, Laux, Ramos and who knows who else on the mat everyday.  Badgers will have the same thing with Jiminez, Lantz, Thielke, and Taylor for starters.  That's quite a 4 some in the room!  It will be great to see who comes out on top!  

Sorry to say it, but having Jiminez, Lantz, Thielke, and Taylor in the room is not nearly the same as having Gilman, Clark, Laux, and Ramos in the room.  Two of those kids have not wrestled in college, and Taylor was not an AA (although does have a win over Clark).  Clark is an AA, Ramos is an AA and Nat. Champ, and Gilman has a win over Delgado.

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Be careful Bun B of thinking they will all be AA next year. Some people on here don't like to hear reality

stbird

We'll just have to wait and see.  Taylor is right there with any of those guys and not proven yet, but I think Thielke is there as well.  Lantz and Jiminez are unproven at this point in time, but with their resumes, they certainly have the potential.  In my mind Taylor, Thielke is just as good as Gilman, Clark, the question is how good will Jiminez, Lantz, and Laux be. 

Quote from: Bun B on April 03, 2014, 03:56:46 PM
QuoteGilman, Clark, Laux, Ramos and who knows who else on the mat everyday.  Badgers will have the same thing with Jiminez, Lantz, Thielke, and Taylor for starters.  That's quite a 4 some in the room!  It will be great to see who comes out on top!  

Sorry to say it, but having Jiminez, Lantz, Thielke, and Taylor in the room is not nearly the same as having Gilman, Clark, Laux, and Ramos in the room.  Two of those kids have not wrestled in college, and Taylor was not an AA (although does have a win over Clark).  Clark is an AA, Ramos is an AA and Nat. Champ, and Gilman has a win over Delgado.

dad 2 5

What a great improvement at 125 for WI. This is their most solid year in a long time there and now we have a couple more coming in that should help.