Kyle Ruschell and Trevor Brandvold

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, March 29, 2018, 11:18:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razor Ramon

Quote from: BuckyMatt on April 05, 2018, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Razor Ramon on April 05, 2018, 05:43:05 PM
I guess I will be nice and share what I know. RT and McDonough were both in town yesterday meeting with Bono. Early indication is that McD is the front runner. Either way the changes and additions to the program are exciting to see.

Sorry, stupid question, who is RT?  I know the Ryan Taylor RT but is there a Iowa RT?

RT is Ryan Taylor. There is no Iowa RT.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: Razor Ramon on April 05, 2018, 07:25:40 PM
Quote from: BuckyMatt on April 05, 2018, 07:02:31 PM
Quote from: Razor Ramon on April 05, 2018, 05:43:05 PM
I guess I will be nice and share what I know. RT and McDonough were both in town yesterday meeting with Bono. Early indication is that McD is the front runner. Either way the changes and additions to the program are exciting to see.

Sorry, stupid question, who is RT?  I know the Ryan Taylor RT but is there a Iowa RT?

RT is Ryan Taylor. There is no Iowa RT.

LOVED RT as a Badger.  He had the most tenacity of any wrestler I've seen since I've followed the Badgers!  Could Reopen the St Paris pipeline.  Can he recruit? 

Ghetto

McDonough has more pedigree, but I'd love to see Ryan Taylor coaching at Wisconsin. Can he still wrestle with kids? That has to be a factor for sure.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

aarons23

Quote from: Ghetto on April 05, 2018, 08:03:29 PM
McDonough has more pedigree, but I'd love to see Ryan Taylor coaching at Wisconsin. Can he still wrestle with kids? That has to be a factor for sure.

Ryan has no problem wrestling in the room.  He is considering competing again.  Ryan would be a great addition.....I am fairly confident that he will be involved with UW wrestling in some capacity.
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Musky Hunter

RT would be huge help.  Has his RT Elite room rolling.

wrastle63

If we got 1 of them I would hope we could keep one of Ruschell/Brandvold. I wonder who else who has applied who would be better...

mkm13

Both would be appear to be good candidates.  Great to hear Taylor is feeling healthy again. 

Taylor could help keep a connection with St Paris Graham.  McDonough had great results in college and would likely be a bigger draw to top athletes in terms of a training partner.

Barou

Quote from: aarons23 on April 05, 2018, 08:16:10 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 05, 2018, 08:03:29 PM

Ryan has no problem wrestling in the room.  He is considering competing again.  Ryan would be a great addition.....I am fairly confident that he will be involved with UW wrestling in some capacity.

So it wasn't a career ending injury?  That's great news if he can compete again.
JHI Mafia

Razor Ramon

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 05, 2018, 09:53:12 PM
If we got 1 of them I would hope we could keep one of Ruschell/Brandvold. I wonder who else who has applied who would be better...

Ruschell and Brandvold are out of the picture. Ruschell has applied for the SDSU and West Virginia jobs. I think he could also be a great addition to Escobedo's staff at IU.

New Head Coach means new assistants. Nothing against Brandvold and Ruschell as they are good coaches, but it was time for a change, within the entire program.

Jimmy

Let them go. If they are not happy or not what the new staff is looking for then it's better for both that they find the right fit somewhere else. IMO Matt McDonough will be a great addition to the staff.

Ty Clark

"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got."
-Mark Twain

Ghetto

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

woody53

Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Numbers

Quote from: Ty Clark on April 08, 2018, 02:15:05 PM
https://iawrestle.com/2018/04/08/mcdonough-accepts-wisconsin-coaching-position/

Three coaches confirmed.  All were NCAA champions.  Combined four championships and two 2nds at NCAA's so far.  One more coach needed.

Chinpin

Quote from: Numbers on April 08, 2018, 04:01:51 PM
Quote from: Ty Clark on April 08, 2018, 02:15:05 PM
https://iawrestle.com/2018/04/08/mcdonough-accepts-wisconsin-coaching-position/

Three coaches confirmed.  All were NCAA champions.  Combined four championships and two 2nds at NCAA's so far.  One more coach needed.

In addition to Kyle and Trevor, who else has reportedly interviewed?