Bono

Started by The Legend, March 23, 2018, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legend

It's Chris Bono (Fact).  Unless he gets cold feet (Fact).  True question is will his mind be changed?  Until the coach is on campus it is all speculation, but the Badgers have their guy.

For you Lumpy

Lumpy

-Matt S

Harris

I am excited (Fact).  I love the Badgers (Fact).

Lumpy

Most of what I write is nonsense but that edit made me laugh. It's not who I was hoping for but it would still be a good grab for Bucky. Thanks legend.
-Matt S

Micah

Heard it's Bono too

TLV

Is that better than Hahn or D Taylor? I was reading the Minny forum and they thought Bono, Hahn or Taylor, but thought Taylor had a little baggage. Why not Donnie P? Just curious as to all of your thoughts.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

mkm13

Someone on The gophers forum posted that according to someone in the SDSU administration, Bono accepted and Reader is coming with.  If that is true, would be great to have Reader as an assistant.  I think no matter who the head coach is, it is also important to have a great assistant. 

If this is all true, wonder who the other assistant will be?  Would like to see it be ruschell.

Badgerfan4

SDSU Head Coach
« on: Today at 07:37:45 AM »
With Bono leaving for Wisky and taking Reader with him, who will be the next coach?  Some names I'm interested in:

Luke Becker
Dustin Schlatter
Ryan Morningstar
Mark Perry
Lee Roper

On Dakota grappler message board

wrastle63

Quote from: Harris on March 23, 2018, 07:34:35 PM
Agreed on both! Now I am curious to see who else is an assistant, who if any wrestlers transfer, and who if any wrestlers come with Bono. He had the #6 recruiting class in the nation going to SDSU.

jchap

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 24, 2018, 07:44:47 AM
Quote from: Harris on March 23, 2018, 07:34:35 PM
Agreed on both! Now I am curious to see who else is an assistant, who if any wrestlers transfer, and who if any wrestlers come with Bono. He had the #6 recruiting class in the nation going to SDSU.
There might be a slight difference in admission standards between SDSU and UW.

Harris

Milena Ujkic Wick's twitter. 

"Congrats Chris Bono.  Looking forward to the future."

Every forum I have read today says this was an awesome hire.  Pretty exciting.

leg turk

I bet SDSU is not happy.  But great for us!  So excited to see where he can take this program.  Welcome aboard Chris!  Go Badgers!!!!

wrestlemania

Cleary they hired a coach and an administrator too. His background in sales and running gives him a strong background for the job and I'm glad UW (or at least hopefully) gave him the salary requirements I'm sure he would be looking for to put him on par with his B1G brethern. Anything less would be an insult.

And I also hope he took the job being able to convince the powers that be in the UWAD that things have to change structurally for the program to advance to the top of the B1G, otherwise he'll be confronting the same problems and frustrations other UW coaches have had. Marketing is important but the best sales campaign when it comes to sports is winning, pure and simple. If UW wins under Bono, the fans and attention will follow.

Good luck and we're all behind you Coach Bono!

onwisconsin

I'm pumped?  Congrats Coach Bono!