NCAA At-Large Announced!

Started by crossface21, March 07, 2017, 12:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crossface21

Wisconsin gets in 3 to make it 9 to qualify!

Jimenez, Crone, and Ruschell all make it.

wrastle63

Now hopefully they can prepare well for NCAAs and get it done.

Ghetto

I was just looking at Flo to see that. Way to go Crossface! Breaking news!!

I saw that trackwrestling doesn't have Crone in their top 25. I question that. Crone had a bad Big Tens, but I think he's blood round capable and with a decent draw could AA.

Johnny Jiminez also belongs. I have been on dude's band wagon for the longest. I'm ready for him to put together a great tournament and get on the podium. I think JJ can beat any of the guys in the tournament outside the top 4. I can't wait to watch him in St. Louis.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Newton Smerchek also got an at-large bid.

Ino

Quote from: Ghetto on March 07, 2017, 01:12:55 PM

Did I miss anyone or are Newton and Andrew Crone the only two from Wisconsin High Schools?

bkraus

If the Badgers can get points out of all 9, at least a few, where do you see them team wise?  I think they could fall into the 10-15 range with 9 qualifiers.
Strive for Perfection

CLC FAN

Quote from: Ino on March 07, 2017, 01:46:12 PM

Did I miss anyone or are Newton and Andrew Crone the only two from Wisconsin High Schools?

Cole Martin -Lancaster

Jacob Morrissey - Oconto Falls

Ghetto

Ino

Quote from: CLC FAN on March 07, 2017, 01:51:14 PM
Quote from: Ino on March 07, 2017, 01:46:12 PM

Cole Martin -Lancaster

Jacob Morrissey - Oconto Falls

Thanks, not sure how I missed Cole.

npope

Quote from: bkraus on March 07, 2017, 01:48:12 PM
If the Badgers can get points out of all 9, at least a few, where do you see them team wise?  I think they could fall into the 10-15 range with 9 qualifiers.

Gotta chuckle a bit on that one - it sounds just like some of the chatter on here last week about this same time. Personally, I refuse to get my hopes up too much - just hope the guys show up and have a couple of bright spots.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: npope on March 07, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

Gotta chuckle a bit on that one - it sounds just like some of the chatter on here last week about this same time. Personally, I refuse to get my hopes up too much - just hope the guys show up and have a couple of bright spots.
Agreed. Ceiling of top 10 if they show up. Floor of 30is if they don't.

bkraus

Quote from: npope on March 07, 2017, 02:37:20 PM

I looked at last year with 5 guys they finished 23rd.  And actually only Jordan and Taylor scored points.  I think between Jordan and Medbury alone they outscore that total.  If the other 7 can score 2-3 points each, they could definitely finish top 15.
Strive for Perfection

crossface21

Last year Rutgers finished 15th with 30 points. Illinois and Michigan tied for 9th with 50.5 pts. I think Top 15 is a reasonable expectation with IJ and Medbery scoreing 30+ points together. Hopefully the rest can cobble some points together. If UW can get 1 more AA out of the bunch I think Top 10 is easily within their sights.

Micah

Ben Thornton is also a WI guy right?