Evan Wick

Started by oldfan, December 12, 2015, 01:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody53

Quote from: The Angry Fish on January 10, 2016, 12:57:39 PM
Quote from: Goat Roper on January 10, 2016, 11:30:47 AM
Quote from: hammen on January 10, 2016, 11:06:18 AM
Or just trying to stay on topic - focus of the thread is Wick and giving credit where it is due. Y'all have a knack for getting off topic to berate the program pretty quick.

I agree Hammen.  Life must be pretty pathetic when the highlight of your day is bashing Barry Davis. 

These are trying times for the wrestling program. Some folks don't have the same optimistic outlook you guys have. Hammen and the Goat do have a point though. This isn't the right thread, and too often threads like this one get hijacked and way off topic. I'm the biggest offender, and will try harder to keep my critiques of the program to the appropriate threads.

I get zero satisfaction from my non stop, habitual bashing of BD. It's comes out of frustration. It exhausts me as much as those who take the time to read my posts. In the end, we all want the same thing: A competitive Badger wrestling program.

Great job by the Wick brothers. Gives the fans a reason to be hopeful of the future.
Thanks Angry. Good Post.
Fast cars, drag race. Fast Drivers, Road Race!

Recon

SV - I believe Tom and Terry Brands (twice), Ed and Lou Banach, Jim and Bill Scherr and Mark and Dave Schultz have all won NCAA titles in the same year.  Congrats to the Wick brothers. I hope they are the next set to accomplish this wearing Badger red!

sudden_victory

Thank you for the responses.
All correct. Look at 1981-84 and 90-92.
http://d1collegewrestling.net/Honors_Individual.html
Life is a bowl of cherries.

sudden_victory

There could be a huge match this weekend at the Battle for the Belt in Temecula, Ca., Evan Wick vs his former teammate, Luke Troy, whose family moved to Riverside and now wrestles at ML King high school, coached by Harlan Kistler. Luke committed to Iowa and is ranked #1 in the state, Evan #2.
http://forum.thecaliforniawrestler.com/index.php?topic=85919.0

Ghetto

Ugh, no one moves to Riverside. Poor kid.

Good luck to both Wick boys. Can't wait to see these guys wrestle for Wisconsin.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Ghetto

Zander Wick is on "the dirt" on Flo for his inside trip in the finals of the Doc B.

sudden_victory

sudden_victory

Semi start at noon Pacific time finals 5:15.

sudden_victory

Finals
145 Zander Wick (San Marino) (1) vs Mason Boutain (Benicia) (3)
152 Luke Troy (MLK) (1) vs Evan Wick (San Marino) (2)

sudden_victory

Quote from: sudden_victory on January 16, 2016, 04:01:36 PM
Finals
145 Zander Wick (San Marino) (1) vs Mason Boutain (Benicia) (3)
152 Luke Troy (MLK) (1) vs Evan Wick (San Marino) (2)
Zander wbf 5:50.
Evan win 5-2.

Harris

Ghetto

Nice! These guys are rolling!

mkm13

Another impressive tournament for both of them. Troy is a highly nationally ranked and committed to Iowa, so good to see Evan beat him.

We need to continue to recruit more guys of their caliber to keep up with the top big 10 schools.

TLV

Quote from: sudden_victory on January 10, 2016, 11:08:10 AM
More likely than not developing, they will be multiple All Americans. Have twins or brothers won NCAA titles in the same year?

Keller twins from OSU both won titles in the same year.
God Bless the NRA for  defending Americans'  Civil Rights for over 125 years, and for now defending the U.S. Constitution from those who attack the Second Amendment.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

dad 2 5

I think I read that Evan beat the #1 kid in CA and Zander the #5 kid this weekend. Another go step! Keep working hard guys!