5 Official Visits planned for Mark Hall

Started by blastdouble, April 20, 2015, 12:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle03

Numbers:
A team trophy for what?  I didn't know you automatically got a team trophy for finishing in 20th place. 

leg turk

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 28, 2015, 09:35:58 AM
Numbers:
A team trophy for what?  I didn't know you automatically got a team trophy for finishing in 20th place. 

Or 14th.

wrestle03

^ You know what I mean leg turk. ^
Anyone who thinks this Badger team is on the verge or cusp of being a legitimate national championship contender is down right delusional.  MIddle of the pack in the Big 10's, 10 to 20 at the NCAA's.  Not nearly good enough to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Iowa, MN, Penn State, or countless other schools.

Numbers

Quote from: wrestle03 on April 28, 2015, 02:17:07 PM
Anyone who thinks this Badger team is on the verge or cusp of being a legitimate national championship contender is down right delusional.  MIddle of the pack in the Big 10's, 10 to 20 at the NCAA's.  Not nearly good enough to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Iowa, MN, Penn State, or countless other schools.

Well the Badgers took a trophy home in 2010 with 4 AA's.  Howe (1st), Ruschell (4th), Graff (5th), Brandvold (6th).  Iowa State took third with three AA's.  Three finalists with two champions.

Have you guys forgotten that Zeke and Ryan Taylor still have two more years of eligibility?  Sure the team is young, but there are already guys in the room that can AA in the next two years.  If Wisconsin adds an elite recruit for 2016-17 that may be able to compete as a true freshman, why do you think that team could not equal/better the 2010 team?

How did Wisconsin place 4th in 2010?  Maybe a few posters are still in denial about that fact yet.

Cheer up.  Summer is almost here.  Then comes another wrestling season.

rv84

Another #1 ranked Blue Chip stud from Apple Valley  narrows his choice to Ohio State and WI.  Does the football team have another home game whith the Buckeyes? Dejavu?

Brett Favre - R.I.P.

Quote from: Numbers on April 28, 2015, 04:18:36 PM

Well the Badgers took a trophy home in 2010 with 4 AA's.  Howe (1st), Ruschell (4th), Graff (5th), Brandvold (6th).  Iowa State took third with three AA's.  Three finalists with two champions.

Have you guys forgotten that Zeke and Ryan Taylor still have two more years of eligibility?  Sure the team is young, but there are already guys in the room that can AA in the next two years.  If Wisconsin adds an elite recruit for 2016-17 that may be able to compete as a true freshman, why do you think that team could not equal/better the 2010 team?

How did Wisconsin place 4th in 2010?  Maybe a few posters are still in denial about that fact yet.

Donny Pritzlaff was the assistant coach that did all the recruiting and pretty much ran the team

npope

Quote from: rv84 on April 28, 2015, 10:56:42 PM
Another #1 ranked Blue Chip stud from Apple Valley  narrows his choice to Ohio State and WI.  Does the football team have another home game whith the Buckeyes? Dejavu?

RV, what have you heard and where did you hear it from? Are you comparing Hall to McCauley or are you talking about another current AV wrestler? For all I know, they have a couple of kids currently ranked number 1 in their respective weights.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

hammen

Quote from: Brett Favre on April 28, 2015, 11:41:50 PM

Well the Badgers took a trophy home in 2010 with 4 AA's.  Howe (1st), Ruschell (4th), Graff (5th), Brandvold (6th).  Iowa State took third with three AA's.  Three finalists with two champions.

Have you guys forgotten that Zeke and Ryan Taylor still have two more years of eligibility?  S
ure the team is young, but there are already guys in the room that can AA in the next two years.  If Wisconsin adds an elite recruit for 2016-17 that may be able to compete as a true freshman, why do you think that team could not equal/better the 2010 team?

How did Wisconsin place 4th in 2010?  Maybe a few posters are still in denial about that fact yet.

Cheer up.  Summer is almost here.  Then comes another wrestling season.

Donny Pritzlaff was the assistant coach that did all the recruiting and pretty much ran the team

Which ones were Donny's recruits, Brett? Go ask your sources and then come back and try to sound like you know what you're talking about.

Musky Hunter

Quote from: Brett Favre on April 28, 2015, 11:41:50 PM

[/quote

i understand you hate the program but please explain your comment.  so barry had nothing to do with it? 

jaguarwrestler

Is 4th place a legitimate national contender? How about when you have 70 points and the 1st place team had 134? How about when they where 20 points out of 2nd? 4th place is a very nice finish but they where in no danger of winning it all or even in the ballpark, the 1st place team had almost double the points. Sure we have 2 studs with 2 years left, a 3rd at 184 that should AA in 2 years... who are the other 3 or 4 we would need to AA to get into the top 2.... because you need about 6-7 AA's to place top 2. This year 70 points would have put us in 6th.
I am not in danger, I AM the danger!

Ghetto

I think Ricky AAs this year. He's right there skill wise on his feet. Needs to get a bit stronger.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Coach Ryan

125-?
133- AA
141-?
149-?
157-?
165- AA
174-?
184-AA hopeful
197-?
285-AA

My question is where are our biggest holes as a team and who are the recruits that will fill these holes?

Nick Ryan

lizard king

Is it possible to develop the talent you have as well?   I am seriously asking this; What are the odds of taking good quality kids, and making them AA's.  Is that a waste of time statistically or is it something a team like Wisconsin has do do a better job of?  We have some tough kids.

Ghetto

I think JJ will be tough. Also needs to bulk up a bit.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

boowrestle

UW needs to figure out how to get the true div1 caliber kids not all these kids that they hope will develops into top caliber kids.there are a lot of good young talented but not much great talented kids in the room right now.your not going to be a national power with 3 mid range AAs.
you can run but you cannot hide.