vs Ohio State and Minnesota

Started by digimon, January 03, 2014, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

We've shown we're capable in the recent past, and I'm confident we'll do so again. The guys are progressing well after a couple tough years. It was near impossible for a team to rebuild from what we were 1-2 years ago to a top 5 team. We are headed in the right direction and progressing well. It's not an overnight miracle. I trust where the team is headed. If you don't, then that's your opinion. I've seen and been apart of a team that went from top 20 to top 4 in a matter of a few years. It can happen again, and I trust our program to put us in the position to do so.

JAMMIN

Quote from: hammen on January 05, 2014, 08:50:36 PM
We've shown we're capable in the recent past, and I'm confident we'll do so again. The guys are progressing well after a couple tough years. It was near impossible for a team to rebuild from what we were 1-2 years ago to a top 5 team. We are headed in the right direction and progressing well. It's not an overnight miracle. I trust where the team is headed. If you don't, then that's your opinion. I've seen and been apart of a team that went from top 20 to top 4 in a matter of a few years. It can happen again, and I trust our program to put us in the position to do so.

That top team you speak of had one of the top recruiters in college wrestling.  That person is now building Michigan into what will be a top 5 team in two years.  Until we get recruiter that is allowed to bring in top talent, we will be battling with Purdue, Michigan St and Indiana.  Adding Maryland and Rutgers to the mix won't make it any easier.

digimon

Wisconsin vs Ohio State  -  Ohio State 23  Wisconsin 9

Wisconsin vs Minnesota   -  Minnesota 26  Wisconsin 6

MNbadger

"That top team you speak of had one of the top recruiters in college wrestling.  That person is now building Michigan into what will be a top 5 team in two years."

I believe TB will turn out to be as good a recruiter as the one who bailed out.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

dad 2 5

Quote from: MNbadger on January 06, 2014, 02:04:51 PM
"That top team you speak of had one of the top recruiters in college wrestling.  That person is now building Michigan into what will be a top 5 team in two years."

I believe TB will turn out to be as good a recruiter as the one who bailed out.

agree!
Also is MI top 5? I just looked at intermat and they are 16th... They do have a great class and another one coming in but there is a long ways to get to the top 5. My guess is top 10 - 12.

Manty77

Quote from: digimon on January 06, 2014, 02:16:04 AM
Wisconsin vs Ohio State  -  Ohio State 23  Wisconsin 9

Wisconsin vs Minnesota   -  Minnesota 26  Wisconsin 6
I just don't get the tOSU vs. WI prediction.  I think this is a bad matchup for tOSU and that WI walks away with the win.  I think the Badgers win at:

And 165, 174, and 184 are tossups, and the Badgers could win all or at least one of them for the overall win.  I'll be there on Fri and I can't wait.  Should be a blast.

npope

Quote from: JAMMIN on January 05, 2014, 09:02:13 PM
Quote from: hammen on January 05, 2014, 08:50:36 PM

That top team you speak of had one of the top recruiters in college wrestling.  That person is now building Michigan into what will be a top 5 team in two years.  Until we get recruiter that is allowed to bring in top talent, we will be battling with Purdue, Michigan St and Indiana.  Adding Maryland and Rutgers to the mix won't make it any easier.

You know, that scenario sounds a lot like the one the Badgers had brewing right before the crap hit the fan here and said top recruiter demanded to be the head coach of the little empire he is credited with building. Why exactly do you think the pattern will be different at UM? I mean seriously, Pritz wanted to be the main man in charge of a program three, four years ago - what has changed? Is McFarland going to retire? Do you think Pritz has an agreement (explicit or implicit) that McFarland is gone and Pritz gets the position? If so, what's that old adage, "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice..."

Yes, UM is building something very special - but we've seen that before, haven't we?
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Gutwrench

If Pritz is banging so bad to be a head coach, why wouldn't he take a head coaching job somewhere?  Why did he go over to Michigan to be an assistant?  Like Pope said, is the Michigan HC stepping down anytime soon?  Why not take a route like Mark Cody did.  Be a HC at a 2nd tier school (American), turn them into a contender, and parlay that success into a HC job at one of the big schools (Oklahoma).

theunionchair

Regardless of what you think about him, Pritzlaff IS DOING it! Major improvement has come out of Michigan and they have two contenders for the NCAA next year in Massa and Coon. Fischer and Murphy will be improving and will be competitive.

npope

Quote from: theunionchair on January 08, 2014, 08:51:42 AM
Regardless of what you think about him, Pritzlaff IS DOING it! Major improvement has come out of Michigan and they have two contenders for the NCAA next year in Massa and Coon. Fischer and Murphy will be improving and will be competitive.

But will he stay and support the program if he can't be the head guy? What's the use of building it if you turn around and destroy it?

Nat Pope

dman

Quote from: npope on January 08, 2014, 09:00:15 AM

But will he stay and support the program if he can't be the head guy? What's the use of building it if you turn around and destroy it?

Pritzlaff didn't distroy anything....so what do you mean by your statement?

Ghetto

Maybe his point was that the aftermath of him leaving destroyed the program. If Howe and Rutt were that attached to Pritzlaff, then his leaving was a factor in the program falling down so quickly. And if his actions forced the hand of the administration, then by proxy his actions destroyed the program.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

npope

Quote from: dman on January 08, 2014, 09:44:54 AM

You must have been out of the country that year.

Nat Pope

Todd

Quote from: npope on January 08, 2014, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: dman on January 08, 2014, 09:44:54 AM

You must have been out of the country that year.

+100
"This page intentionally left blank".