vs Ohio State and Minnesota

Started by digimon, January 03, 2014, 10:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digimon

How will our Badgers do against Ohio State and Minnesota ?

dad 2 5

if we let the crowd get to us like at NIU 13-26 against OSU and 36-6 against MN if we can get a little extra out of a couple of guys, 15-15 against OSU and 17-18 against MN. Hopefully Bucky comes prepared and pull off a couple upsets like against IL!

BOURNE

Are you thinking the home crowd will be hostile when we host tOSU?

dad 2 5

I looked at the schedule wrong. Its home again theOSU and away for MN. Hopefully that helps us Friday against theOSU and we can get a W.

bigG

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

theunionchair

Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 03, 2014, 12:57:43 PM
if we let the crowd get to us like at NIU 13-26 against OSU and 36-6 against MN if we can get a little extra out of a couple of guys, 15-15 against OSU and 17-18 against MN. Hopefully Bucky comes prepared and pull off a couple upsets like against IL!

Dad 2 5,

How do you come up with 17-18 against Minnesota? Just curious.

npope

I think the Badgers got their marque win this year already against the Illinois squad that was missing a couple of their better guys. More typically, against the better teams in the Big Ten, e.g. MN, IA, PA, OH, I just don't think the Badgers have the consistent horse power up and down the line up to actually come close to beating them - or even being competitive on some occasions.

One thing that I expected this year was that the Badgers weren't going to have any "holes"; that they could be competitive at every weight and actually have some "sure" wins each dual. That hasn't proven to be the case. But it is what it is and so - let's go to war with the soldiers we have and let the chips fall where they may.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

MNbadger

125 Brancale or Kingsley vs Taylor #13                                                                                                    0-3 if Kingsley, more if Brancale
133 Thorn #10 vs Graff #7 (I know this will cause some howling but I am picking Thorn, homer pick I guess)      3-3
141 CD #4 vs Thielke                                                                                                                            7-3 (could easily be worse, likely CD rides him to death)
149 ND #1 vs Ruschell                                                                                                                          10-3 (dittos)
157 Ness #3 or Kingsley (Ness wins or pins, Kingsley will keep it close, I think Ness is hurt)                            10-6
165 Zilverberg #17 vs Cox                                                                                                                     13-6
174 Storley #5 vs Leigel                                                                                                                        16-6
184 Steinhaus #4 vs Hein                                                                                                                       20-6
197 Killer Schiller #1 vs McCall                                                                                                               26-6
285 Tony #1 vs Medberry                                                                                                                       29-6

The Thon pick is due to Thorn's length and while i have been a bit down on him at times, I just have a feeling.  It would be a huge win for him having never beaten Graff.
It will be fun and noisy at the Pavilion.           

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

theunionchair

Quote from: MNbadger on January 05, 2014, 09:43:50 AM
125 Brancale or Kingsley vs Taylor #13                                                                                                    0-3 if Kingsley, more if Brancale
133 Thorn #10 vs Graff #7 (I know this will cause some howling but I am picking Thorn, homer pick I guess)      3-3
141 CD #4 vs Thielke                                                                                                                            7-3 (could easily be worse, likely CD rides him to death)
149 ND #1 vs Ruschell                                                                                                                          10-3 (dittos)
157 Ness #3 or Kingsley (Ness wins or pins, Kingsley will keep it close, I think Ness is hurt)                            10-6
165 Zilverberg #17 vs Cox                                                                                                                     13-6
174 Storley #5 vs Leigel                                                                                                                        16-6
184 Steinhaus #4 vs Hein                                                                                                                       20-6
197 Killer Schiller #1 vs McCall                                                                                                               26-6
285 Tony #1 vs Medberry                                                                                                                       29-6

The Thon pick is due to Thorn's length and while i have been a bit down on him at times, I just have a feeling.  It would be a huge win for him having never beaten Graff.
It will be fun and noisy at the Pavilion.           

MN Badger,

With the exception of Thorn vs Graff, I think you are spot on. Missing some majors with Schiller vs McCall and Silverberg vs Cox.

hammen

It blows my mind that that MN lineup isn't #1 in the country or even #1 in the B1G.

MNbadger

I have Schiller wbf.  Zilverberg would surprise me with a major.  He is small at 165.
And the Gopher were #1 for a while.  I am really worried about Ness.  I watched him in both home duals earlier this year and I think he was hurt even then.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

dad 2 5

Quote from: theunionchair on January 04, 2014, 04:55:35 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on January 03, 2014, 12:57:43 PM

Dad 2 5,

How do you come up with 17-18 against Minnesota? Just curious.
you saw that I said 36-6 is what I think will happen but if the stars lined up and all 10 guys wrestled their best match of the season UW 17 MN 18. We have wrestled well up at MN some years so a close match could happen but I think MN is going to be on game especially after the SS meet were they underperformed.

JAMMIN

The Badgers are miles away from being a top flight wrestling program.  It all starts with the university wanting to have a great program, not just being satisfied with a good program filled with in state kids.   It will never be a money making program if you continue to be a door mat of the conference.  Perception is reality.

hammen

Quote from: JAMMIN on January 05, 2014, 02:25:03 PM
The Badgers are miles away from being a top flight wrestling program.  It all starts with the university wanting to have a great program, not just being satisfied with a good program filled with in state kids.   It will never be a money making program if you continue to be a door mat of the conference.  Perception is reality.

Continue to be a door mat of the conference? Really? Show some respect.

JAMMIN

Quote from: hammen on January 05, 2014, 06:59:47 PM
Quote from: JAMMIN on January 05, 2014, 02:25:03 PM

Continue to be a door mat of the conference? Really? Show some respect.

Open your eyes!  Nobody will listen to you Drew unless you stop denying reality and learn to respect other opinions.  People like you think everything is fine just as it is.  I'm not fine with mediocrity.  I want to build a winning program.  Wisconsin is getting one or two top 25 kids a year and most of those are not top 10.   Schools like Penn St., Ohio St. Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, Nebraska, and Michigan are getting multiple top 10 kids.  These are teams we have to compete against.  How many of those schools allow free admission to their matches.  That shows you that they don't think their program has value.